1. bottom paint
  2. remove old depth transducer
  3. pull mast
  4. replace all halyards
  5. new strobe/mast top nav lights
  6. rig spinnaker control lines

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I'm pulling new 16 ga cable for my anchor and steaming/deck lights this weekend. Switching to LED on all 3.

Sep 19, 2016
Catalina 30 Port Sanilac
I'm pulling new 16 ga cable for my anchor and steaming/deck lights this weekend. Switching to LED on all 3.
The LED's are a great upgrade. I made the switch this fall on all bulbs interior and exterior...amazing difference! Check out www.superbrightleds.com great company, fast shipping, best prices I could find by nearly 1/2 and excellent service.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The LED's are a great upgrade. I made the switch this fall on all bulbs interior and exterior...amazing difference! Check out www.superbrightleds.com great company, fast shipping, best prices I could find by nearly 1/2 and excellent service.
I bought mine from MarineBeam. Had to modify the fixture slightly to accept the LED projector bulb for the deck light. Also had to replace it's M16 connector, but it was cheaper than a new fixture and I don't have to drill new holes on the mast. Bench tested the whole thing to make sure it works.

Al B.

Sep 10, 2016
Catalina 30 Port Clinton OH
For those of us in states with boats on the hard whats on your To Do list this winter?
1: Change boat name graphics. Status: Old name removed, will apply new in the spring after unwrapping and a hull buffing.
2: Replace starboard side cabin deadlights: Status: Aft one finished, forward one replacement plexiglass cut to size.
3: Re-bed chain plates, to be done in the spring after unwrapping.
4: Replace steaming and deck lights. Mast is down so we can do this sometime this winter.
5: Replace bearings in Hood furler: Status: Finished this job just this week, working in my garage.
6: Anything else I can think of.

Al

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Looks nice. The hard part was probably figuring out those angled cuts. Will you have interchangeable panels? The cool thing about Zarcors is you get solid, clear and screen inserts.

Jun 10, 2014
Catalina 30 Brownsville
Try to remodel the head and get the port lights to stop leaking. Re-built the A-4 last year hope to sail some in 2017

Sep 25, 2015
Catalina 30 Middle River
DSC00948 smaller.jpg

Basicly everything you see in this picture.
1. New standing rig
2.New fuler system
3. New mast wirring
4 New sheaves
5. New lights
6. New UV Cover
7, New windvane
8. reseal windows and stantions.

Nov 28, 2009
Catalina 30 St. Croix
We haul out for projects during the hurricane season. We can sail all year. When I had my 51 footer, we woukd go to Trinidad or Venezuela in July and back to St. Croix in November. Or stop on some of the islands. With my 1976 Catalina with outboard engine, we mostly do the nearby islands.

Dec 31, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 351 Charlottetown
Just bought this "new to us", so we will be changing the name, some new lines, replacing a few blocks, new anode on the shaft, the closed system water pump went bad on the trip home in Oct., so it's now on the 'done list'. The winds here have been the highest in years, the cover was shredded last week, dropped a few traps over it yesterday. Spring can't come soon enough!

Jan 25, 2017
Catalina 30 mkII New York City
  • New cushions
  • New curtains
  • Brighten/oil interior teak
  • Varnish exterior teak
  • Rebuild engine
  • New solar fan in V berth (currently leaking)
  • Replace engine wire harness and instrument panel
  • Remove stove replace and with refrigerator
  • Replace porthole plexiglass (crazed)
  • Wetsand/compound/polish gelcoat
  • New batteries and battery charger. Mount charger under nav table.
  • Rail mounted grill
  • Rebuild steering pedestal cup holders/table mount. Starboard.
  • Build bar into shelving
  • Winter sunbrella cover (long term project)
  • New antifreeze hose to water heater (damaged)
  • New ladder stand off tips
  • Macerator housing replacement (leaking poop water)
  • Clean and lubricate winches
  • Sunbrella winch covers
  • Put large mirror in head (toilet side)?
  • Install shelf or storage in V berth?
  • Sunbrella replacement for lifesling cover
  • Sunbrella and foam covers for lifelines
  • Lube seacocks

Nov 28, 2009
Catalina 30 St. Croix
Just finished new non skid. Installing new 105% jib on new furler. New cover for life sling. Indoor/outdoor carpeting.dinghy to boat step. Service boat outboard engine. Rebuild head. Replace running light bulbs with LED's. Go sailing.

Sep 19, 2016
Catalina 30 Port Sanilac
Car
I bought mine from MarineBeam. Had to modify the fixture slightly to accept the LED projector bulb for the deck light. Also had to replace it's M16 connector, but it was cheaper than a new fixture and I don't have to drill new holes on the mast. Bench tested the whole thing to make sure it works.
Care to share the modified deck light? I looked everywhere and couldn't find an LED that can be semi exposed to the elements.

Sep 19, 2016
Catalina 30 Port Sanilac
Thanks but mine is a different style bulb.
https://store.marinebeam.com/5w-mr16-deck-light-bulb-for-hella-and-forespar-mr16-05/?fullSite=1

Just had to trim the bulb holder a tad so it could screw back on. The rim of the LED is thicker than the original halogen.[/QUOT
https://store.marinebeam.com/5w-mr16-deck-light-bulb-for-hella-and-forespar-mr16-05/?fullSite=1

Just had to trim the bulb holder a tad so it could screw back on. The rim of the LED is thicker than the original halogen.
Mine is a different bulb, I'd need an LED replacement for a 641150SRAM for a fixture like this one https://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm/product/461_167/steaming--halogen-deck-light-82-98.cfm

Sep 19, 2016
Catalina 30 Port Sanilac
Thought I'd post up an update for my Winter To Do List as my splash date of April 15th approaches.
1. New Solar Vent installed. Opted for solar again...there was some discussion earlier about benefits of non solar.
2. Sanded the wing on the keel down to bare metal and re-primed and painted. (very dirty job)
3. Fresh bottom paint, entire haul
4. Repaired haul crazing left for me by PO (equally time consuming and dirty job I might add)
5. Reworked control lines on Vang and Traveler
6. New sheets on Main
7. Installed AWI
8. Installed AWI LED light
9. Bought a new Main Sail from Ullman Sails
10. Installed Strong Track system on mast.
11. Replaced all interior and exterior bulbs, but one in the mast to LED
12. New Vinyl http://infinitylwv.com/view-our-collections/nggallery/galleries/better-than-teak-ii Carpet installed. Love this product by the way!

Still need to;
1. Install new display head on the Auto Helm
2. Trouble shoot hand held VHF connection in the cockpit
3. Upgrade speakers
4. Repair hole in dinghy
5. Give the haul gel coat a good cleaning and power waxing
6. Change oil
7. Replace impeller
Come ON SPRING! Only 18 degrees and windy here in MI today... :confused: