What type of fitting is this?

Jan 5, 2018
Hunter H34 0828 New Orleans
I can’t seem to discern the Name of these gray plastic fittings. I know it’s not pex. And it is a 1/2” NPT. There is a ferrel on the hose to provide a water tite fit.
65DEF0FA-0D08-4F76-A71B-00A34B0EA4DC.jpeg

Tom J

Sep 30, 2008
Catalina 310 Quincy, MA
I don't know the brand name, but they are used in my RV. They work quite well. Finger tight and then a smidge more, and you are good to go.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I looked those up. Whale type Doesn’t match... Shannon
Whale fitting in the old days were grey..... new ones are white and different design. Photo shows what was on my 1986....

upload_2019-4-17_7-22-53.jpeg

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
I can’t seem to discern the Name of these gray plastic fittings. I know it’s not pex. And it is a 1/2” NPT. There is a ferrel on the hose to provide a water tite fit.
If they have ferrules, then they are ferrule fittings. The ferrule fittings for plastic hose that I used to use in Industry, were made by Parker Hannifin. We bought them wholesale, but I think that Mcmaster Carr carried them in small quantities. They had pretty dainty torque specifications. Over-tightening was not a good thing. I seem to remember seeing some similar fittings in the plumbing section of Home Depot. I do not know if the ones I am talking about will be the same as yours. The color of the plastic is different. It may be a different material.

If nothing else, "ferrule fittings" might be worth a google.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Also check at RV parts departments. They usually have a good supply of these fittings.
Been there and done that. Nope. Ditto the big box stores. If you search online, there are some sites that carry this stuff. I have a few spares, just in case. Otherwise, this product is pretty reliable if installed properly.

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
If you can get an accurate measurement of the tubing diameter with a pair of calipers, it might help others to better help you.

vetch

Dec 3, 2011
Prout Manta 38 St. Augustine
If you find a mobile home parts dealer they have them. But it's a system from the '70's that's being phased out. If your careful you can reuse fittings but obviously new washers are ideal.

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
I don't know what they are called, but I'd call the unreliable pains in the AS*. Every month or so one begins to leak and we have to find and tighten it. I'm moving to PEX! Never had a problem w/Pex and no o-ring or ferrel to deal with. Those grey things are definitely yesterday's technology and should be long gone.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Hi Shannon, Amazon has some of the Zurn Pex Qest stuff that you need. Ours is 1/2". Very important to assemble the fitting as displayed here: https://www.amazon.com/Zurn-Qest-Qc...est+fittings&qid=1555784944&s=gateway&sr=8-32

Each part plays an important role in ensuring a leak-free coupling. Our leak was caused by an improperly installed fitting. The SS lock ring prevents the hose from separating under water pressure.

Jan 5, 2018
Hunter H34 0828 New Orleans
Terry, thanks for the link. I now have a better idea of how to source these parts. Wanted to change a few things around, now I know I can.