What type muffler on 94 Hunter 37.5

May 3, 2011
Beneteau & Hunter First 435 & Hunter 37.5 Seabrook & Guntersville AL
I'm replacing everything from the exhaust manifold aft. Previous owner tried repaying cracked manifold with a asbestos cloth and stainless wire. Must have failed with enough cooling water loss in the exhaust he started melting some things under the bunk and black soot everywhere. So it's all new now ... the muffler that was installed was cylindrical about 16" long and 8" wide, could be fiberglass or metal?
I had a smaller plastic muffler on my Beneteau that had a water lock loop in it and thinking of going with similar. Any ideas or pictures on what original looked like?

May 3, 2011
Great! I really appreciate the reply. That's kind of what mine looks like, any idea how to check if its good? If you get a chance the manufacturer would be helpful if its marked somewhere. Thanks again!

Dec 18, 2012
Hunter 37.5 Annapolis
Maybe too late, but here are better pictures of the manufacturer's labels.
IMG_2855.JPG IMG_2856.JPG IMG_2858.JPG
IMG_2858.JPG
IMG_2857.JPG

May 3, 2011
Thanks guys! Most timely posts as I'm trying to get the boat splashed next week and this has been one of the outstanding issues. With the pictures and links I was able to track down a replacement (I hope, know for sure tomorrow). Thanks again - Very best regards, Doug