what problem areas Vision 32 when buying

v18744

Mar 28, 2015
hunter vision 32 vancouver
am first time buyer a 1990 vision 32 has caught my eye but need feedback on past problems in determing my budget in the future maintenance plans you input is greatly appreciated thank you

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Well, I had one for nine years, but that was sixteen years ago. I had the hull/keel joint re-faired & bolts re-torqued, aluminum holding tank replaced with twin plastic tanks (I had to cut up the old tank in place) and added a Y-valve for overboard discharge, replaced water tank under the v-berth (it was aluminum and I replaced it twice before opting for plastic), re-covered the salon with ultra-leather, varnished interior, chromed the table leg, rebuilt the engine after a failure of a rod bolt, cleaned the exhaust mixer and added a drip-less shaft seal. The next owner added an A-sail and new sails including a max'ed headsail and flat-top main and folding prop. One thing to watch is the mixing elbows on the three-cylinder Yanmars whatever they are powering; they tend to coke up and can cause overheating and poor running. They are a maintenance item. BTW, I loved the boat and wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

v18744

Mar 28, 2015
hunter vision 32 vancouver
Thanx Rick your feedback was very educational again thank you for taking the time.

Sep 2, 2009
Hunter Vision-32 New Hamburg, NY
Vision 32

I have a 1990 Vision 32 ...

Holding tank has been removed (it was leaking) and the head has been replaced with a Nature's Head. I am very happy with that conversion.

Water tank was replaced 2 years ago ... went with aluminum but a heavier gauge than original.

I replaced the mixing elbow this year.

I love the Vision ... and am refitting it to take off and do some East Coast cruising upon my retirement in a few months.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Good Plan Ron!

I love the Vision ... and am refitting it to take off and do some East Coast cruising upon my retirement in a few months.
Way to go Ron. I took early retirement in 2011 and it was the right move.
One thing I noticed however: Each day has 24 hours and 7 of those make a week. This didn't change. I thought I'd have more time. Who knew?
Ken

Sep 2, 2009
Hunter Vision-32 New Hamburg, NY
thanks Ken!

Way to go Ron. I took early retirement in 2011 and it was the right move.
One thing I noticed however: Each day has 24 hours and 7 of those make a week. This didn't change. I thought I'd have more time. Who knew?
Ken
my retirement isn't quite "early" enough for my tastes but it is what it is. Really lloking forward to every day being a Saturday :D

May 23, 2017
Hunter Vision 32 Worland, WY
How did you manage to fit a composting toilet in the head? Would love to do the same?

Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 410 Punta Gorda
Comfortable boat for its size but not a great sailing boat, relatively slow.

May 23, 2017
Hunter Vision 32 Worland, WY
Thanks for the photo. Looks good. Does the urine tank obstruct access to the sink?

Rick D

Jun 14, 2008
Hunter Legend 40.5 Shoreline Marina Long Beach CA
Comfortable boat for its size but not a great sailing boat, relatively slow.
Rates the same as a Catalina 30 standard rig in SoCal. It's all about the sails and a folding or feathering prop.

Aug 21, 2019
Hunter Vision 32 Shilshole Bay Marina