What makes your truck look good?

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Looks good to me. Exactly what a truck is supposed to be. I did not want a newer truck but when it went from my wife not wanting to drive it to her not even riding in it and we had six vehicles it was time to get rid of it.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
when it went from my wife not wanting to drive it to her not even riding in it and we had six vehicles it was time to get rid of it.
If you say so. Sounds like a good reason to keep it. Like a mobile man cave.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 2, 2004
If you say so. Sounds like a good reason to keep it. Like a mobile man cave.

- Will (Dragonfly)
Actually when the spring in the seat broke and was starting to poke me in the ass I was starting to agree. I could have replaced the seat but ….

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
Looks good to me. Exactly what a truck is supposed to be. ...
Ya know... It's getting hard to find a truck that is what it's supposed to be these days.

I'm looking for a new truck right now & I'm not liking what I'm finding out there. I don't like the new diesels that need the DEF fluid. I don't like the new gas motors with the turbos, the variable valve timing & all the other new bells & whistles that add places for something to go wrong. I don't like the ones where the electrodes fall out of the spark plugs & toast the motor if you don't change the plugs often enough. I don't like the remote factory connections (on star, etc). I don't want something that is extra long. I don't like the "sealed for life" transmissions that require a technician's computer & $50 in consumables, just to check the fluid level.

I'm looking for an American made short bed 4 x 4 with a standard cab, automatic transmission, a simple motor that I can maintain myself & minimum 7k# towing capacity. Those things have gotten hard to find. ...& the prices!!! Around here a F-150 base price is like $30k. The higher end packages go up to more like $80k. I'm looking for a truck, not a limo.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Wait till Monday morning. 80k gonna seem like a bargain in a couple days.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Yes, and a further 10% was slapped on a few weeks ago.

Aug 22, 2017
That is interesting, but I don't expect it will make $80k look cheap on Monday.

Jun 2, 2004
What does the tariff make when the truck is made in the US?

Jun 2, 2004
The imported truck tariff is actually an interesting story. VW enthusiasts will insist it was directed at the VW truck a take off of the VW van but it actually has more to do with chickens than it does VWs.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Great post. I had a '94 Jeep Cherokee. It was absolutely the most sure footed truck you could want. Climbed steep hills, got me into hidden fishing spots, deep snow. Wonderful 6 cylinder engine. Ran, ran, ran. Started on the key every time. I loved that Jeep. Sure it was rusty and the paint was faded but the running gear was superb. And ya know what, I was forced by the freaking government and their corrupt "inspection" rules to junk the truck. Their was absolutely nothing wrong with all the safety stuff like lights, turn signals, brakes, etc. But they have some arcane rule that says something about rust and the"inspection" bandits kept rejecting me and I didn't have a "counter-corrupt" source for the sticker, which many people do have. So I was forced to junk my beloved Jeep. Oh to live in a state like Florida where they have no corrupt inspection rules. But I live in the NE where the government is in the pockets of a certain group of companies who profit from "inspection" rules...

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
The first song I played in public on the harmonica. Baccalaureate for the school I worked for and their graduating class.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Aug 22, 2017
... Oh to live in a state like Florida where they have no corrupt inspection rules. ...
I am told that Florida inspections vary by county & that in Pasco county, all you need is headlights & windshield wipers to pass. I haven't confirmed that to be true, but it is what I have been told by a guy that runs swamp buggies out of that area.

Freedom: in some places, it's not just a fading concept.

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I am told that Florida inspections vary by county & that in Pasco county, all you need is headlights & windshield wipers to pass. I haven't confirmed that to be true, but it is what I have been told by a guy that runs swamp buggies out of that area.

Freedom: in some places, it's not just a fading concept.
Maybe because the swamp buggies are commercial vehicles in which people are transported.

Jun 2, 2004
Great post. I had a '94 Jeep Cherokee. It was absolutely the most sure footed truck you could want. Climbed steep hills, got me into hidden fishing spots, deep snow. Wonderful 6 cylinder engine. Ran, ran, ran. Started on the key every time. I loved that Jeep. Sure it was rusty and the paint was faded but the running gear was superb. And ya know what, I was forced by the freaking government and their corrupt "inspection" rules to junk the truck. Their was absolutely nothing wrong with all the safety stuff like lights, turn signals, brakes, etc. But they have some arcane rule that says something about rust and the"inspection" bandits kept rejecting me and I didn't have a "counter-corrupt" source for the sticker, which many people do have. So I was forced to junk my beloved Jeep. Oh to live in a state like Florida where they have no corrupt inspection rules. But I live in the NE where the government is in the pockets of a certain group of companies who profit from "inspection" rules...

I'm half surprised they have not yet figured out how to do them on boats.