WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT STATUS?

Nov 6, 2006
Hunter 34 Mandeville Louisiana
In process of cutting TV cable and going to high speed fiber based internet.. Savings will pay for slip rental. Have new antenna installed in attic .. not hooked up yet..getting there..
Kermit, Hope ya shoulder work goes well !

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
Here on the coast of Maine, winter came early, I've been reminiscing about our summer cruise around Penobscot bay and points east. The pic below was taken the second morning in Buckle Harbor after an anchor drag incident, no damage done but lots more kelp around than I ever remember seeing,
View attachment 158867
This was breakfast one of the mornings, yum!
View attachment 158868
We lived in Maine for a time. Our home was in Surry, just up Blue Hill Bay from Buckle. Went there frequently. Other than the beauty and peace of the cove, 2 memories stand out.
1. My dropping one of my wife's best china dinner plates over the side. Non-recoverable.
2. One time we came upon a baby seal on the beach waiting for mommy to bring dinner.
Wonderful cove, wonderful memories.

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
Best Wishes, Kermie....

The Admiral and I are going to where "the weather suits our clothes". Got an invite to join friends in Puerto Rico. Flying out Saturday. I figure I might SEE a sailboat being used next week.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Best Wishes, Kermie....

The Admiral and I are going to where "the weather suits our clothes". Got an invite to join friends in Puerto Rico. Flying out Saturday. I figure I might SEE a sailboat being used next week.
Phtttttttttttttttttt :) hope you and Connie have a ball

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
We’re racing in the GBCA Chili Chase Regatta on Saturday, 12/1 on Galveston Bay. Sunny, 76 degrees, 10 knot west wind forecast.
Then, GBCA Icicle Races every Saturday in January. Will probably need crew for some of the icicle races if any SBO Galveston Bay sailors want to race with us.
That is a wide range of conditions you sailed in!

Greg

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Jodi and I are moving this weekend. Tomorrow actually. After renting a condo in a ‘resort style’ building for 2 years, we’re ready to own again. But we loved not having chores. So we bought a townhouse with an association that does everything, and heated underground parking in a garage right under out place. I hate moving but am SO looking forward to being there.

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
Thanks. I’m planning on things being better all around. Oddly enough, none of my pains hurt nearly as bad while on the boat. I’m being serious about that. I don’t know why but messing around on a sailboat doesn’t hurt as much as cutting food with a fork. Or putting my belt on. Or tying my necktie. Or any other seemingly-simple task.
I hope that shiny new shoulder makes your life better!

One year ago today I had some aftermarket parts installed on my right collarbone. Not the same as what I think you are having done but my best advice from that and from an earlier injury that causes my shoulder to not stay in its socket all the time is to be diligent with your recovery and physical therapy. Stay true to that and listen to your PT and you will be back to your old self sooner than you think.

Good luck and keep us informed on how it's going.

Apr 7, 2016
Beneteau First 305 Seward, Alaska
My wife gets a new hip in January... hopefully it isn’t too much of a damper this summer...

Apr 7, 2016
Beneteau First 305 Seward, Alaska
In process of cutting TV cable and going to high speed fiber based internet.. Savings will pay for slip rental. Have new antenna installed in attic .. not hooked up yet..getting there..
Kermit, Hope ya shoulder work goes well !
Get cinemaHD on a firetv or something. I cut the cord a couple years ago and the only time is miss it is during football season.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
I hope that shiny new shoulder makes your life better!
One year ago today I had some aftermarket parts installed on my right collarbone. Not the same as what I think you are having done but my best advice from that and from an earlier injury that causes my shoulder to not stay in its socket all the time is to be diligent with your recovery and physical therapy. Stay true to that and listen to your PT and you will be back to your old self sooner than you think.
Good luck and keep us informed on how it's going.
Thanks for the encouragement. Several people have told me that about therapy. It’s gonna be tough to keep up with but dangit I’m gonna do my best. The only thing scarier than having the surgery is NOT having the surgery.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 340 Baytown TX
That is a wide range of conditions you sailed in!

Greg
Keeps it interesting!
The races run on schedule rain or shine and whether it's blowing 0 or 25 knots. And there are races year round on Galveston Bay. I tried to show all the conditions crew might see, I send this video to potential crew. I keep updating it whenever I get some clips worth editing into it. We'll see if I get any good action video in tomorrow's race to add in.

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
...people have told me that about therapy. It’s gonna be tough to keep up with but dangit I’m gonna do my best. .
A friend with a broken right collar bone said the worst part of it all was learnng to use toilet paper with his left hand. I relayed that to my mom before rotator surgery. I forward it to Kermit , so start that "therapy" NOW!

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
A friend with a broken right collar bone said the worst part of it all was learnng to use toilet paper with his left hand. I relayed that to my mom before rotator surgery. I forward it to Kermit , so start that "therapy" NOW!
Ahem. I’ve already been thinking about that. Life could get very interesting. And I guess I’ll have to type responses to the forum with that very same left hand. What’s that old saying? “One hand washes the other.”

FDL S2

Jun 29, 2014
S2 7.3 Fond du Lac
The hardest for me was using a computer mouse with my left hand (I was back at work two weeks after surgery) but I'm left handed so most other stuff came pretty easy. When I was 13 I broke my left collarbone and it was different to write with my arm in a sling but I adapted-no computer mouse in the mid 80's!

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
Having a torn rotor cuff in right shoulder, and beginning to schedule surgery THAT'S something I never considered Ugh!!