WHAT IS YOUR CURRENT STATUS?

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
We just ended our first charter of the season in Admiralty Bay, Bequia. Nice folks from Germany. We had some really great sailing this week.

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 1979 Gulfstar 37 BELFAST
Here on the coast of Maine, winter came early, I've been reminiscing about our summer cruise around Penobscot bay and points east. The pic below was taken the second morning in Buckle Harbor after an anchor drag incident, no damage done but lots more kelp around than I ever remember seeing,
BUCKLE.jpg

This was breakfast one of the mornings, yum!
YUM.jpg

Aug 2, 2005
Pearson 33-2 & Typhoon 18 Seneca Lake
Last night I hooked up the plow to make sure all the hydraulics worked-damn A valve is sticking so I have some work to do on the plow....
RE: your picture.....I like your choice of "snow boats". Plowing in a heated cab while facing forward!

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
Put the H 23.5 away for the last time. Should sell her, but...…
Capri 22 being hauled from FL to NJ. Should be here tomorrow. A 2015 WKSR w/ racing pac and asym. I have all winter to figure her out and provision her for spring. First provision is a cover to keep the snow off. Can't wait to get her into the water.

Jan 19, 2010
Hobie 16 & Rhodes 22 Skeeter Charleston
Oops. I didn’t explain what makes my status sailing-related... No sailing for me for quite a while.
How long is quite a while. I'm still hoping to plan a raft-up on Lake Fontana in June or July. If you are still lame, you can have my V-berth and be in charge of the beer.

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
I'm taking my girlfriend out sailing for the day on December 8th, and then rafting up with the Sea Scouts in Clear Lake to watch the Parade of Lights!

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Sorry to hear that, but in fact, it could really help your time when you do go sailing.
Ken
Thanks. I’m planning on things being better all around. Oddly enough, none of my pains hurt nearly as bad while on the boat. I’m being serious about that. I don’t know why but messing around on a sailboat doesn’t hurt as much as cutting food with a fork. Or putting my belt on. Or tying my necktie. Or any other seemingly-simple task.

Sep 25, 2018
Catalina Capri 22 Capri EXPO 14.2 1282 Stony Point
Same with my creeky knees. Hurt constantly, except when I am skiing. Now if I can only figure out how to stay on the slopes until the boat is in the water. The boat seems to cure my too often broken wrist. Need to find something for the rest of this achy body.

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 340 Baytown TX
We’re racing in the GBCA Chili Chase Regatta on Saturday, 12/1 on Galveston Bay. Sunny, 76 degrees, 10 knot west wind forecast.
Then, GBCA Icicle Races every Saturday in January. Will probably need crew for some of the icicle races if any SBO Galveston Bay sailors want to race with us.

Last edited: