What is the Prop Shaft Diameter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 1, 2009
2 309 Key West
Hey

Would someone tell me what the prop shaft diameter is on a Catalina 309?

I am having a diver service the bottom and he wants to know what size zincs he needs.

Also is there a zinc on the propeller hub?

Regards

SmallSloop

Mar 20, 2007
Catalina 355 Kilmarnock, VA
Hey

Would someone tell me what the prop shaft diameter is on a Catalina 309?

I am having a diver service the bottom and he wants to know what size zincs he needs.

Also is there a zinc on the propeller hub?

Regards

SmallSloop
Shaft is 1". My boat has the anode on the prop nut, which looks like a bronze cage attached to the nut. The replacement anode zinc is a size "C" if you have the same type of anode. Check out boatzincs.com - good prices, excellent service.

May 1, 2009
2 309 Key West
Shaft is 1". My boat has the anode on the prop nut, which looks like a bronze cage attached to the nut. The replacement anode zinc is a size "C" if you have the same type of anode. Check out boatzincs.com - good prices, excellent service.
Hey John,

Thanks for the answer

I got a west marine part # for the zinc from Catalina ..WM wants $68 for the part. Luckily mine is still OK

Fair winds,
George

Mar 20, 2007
Catalina 355 Kilmarnock, VA
Wow - must be a different type. I got the entire unit (new bronze cage/prop nut, replaceable zinc anode) for around $30 from Boatzincs.com. The anode alone was around $12 (I think), and was a direct replacement for the original that came on the boat from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.