What do you do for a helmseat?

Dec 23, 2009
Catalina 34 New Orleans Marina
I am the proud “new” owner of a 2001 C34 MKII. After standing at the helm for 24 hours over a couple days on the ICW, I put an ice chest at the helm to sit on. So, what do you do on your C34 36 or 38 for a helm seat? It must be movable to allow access to the swim platform.

Sep 21, 2014
Beneteau 400 White lake
We were lucky enough to find a foam pilot cushion (about 8 in thick) aboard the new to us boat we bought last year. It is white, closed cell foam.
No idea who makes it, but I love it on a long cruise.

Mulf

Dec 2, 2003
Hunter 410 Chester, MD (Kent Island)
Here's what we have.

A custom ordered Bottom Siders seat cushion and a home made backrest. Backrest was made using a large starboard-like cutting board, some pieces of another cutting board for legs and clips to the lifeline/gate, some white vinyl material and a block of foam cushion material. That's the Admiral at the helm headed down the ICW in 2011. Mulf

Attachments

Apr 11, 2012
Cataina 400 MK II Santa Cruz
Good solutions. I have a helm seat - but for the life of me can't remember the name. It clamps onto the rail and has legs that go to the seat. It comes off easily. The one I have is for my Catalina 400, but I have seen them used on the Catalina 34. I'll get back to you with the name.

Here we go, http://www.helmseat.com

Have you looked at the Catalina 34 International Association yet? If not, you've got a treat in store for you. Google it.

(Stu…)

NeilB

Aug 6, 2012
Catalina 36mkll Charleston
Helmseat

Helmseat.com not in business for years. I copied his seat with materials from West Marine and Zarcor. If you are interested, I can give you the list and send pictures. Absolutely love it.
Neil

Dec 23, 2009
Catalina 34 New Orleans Marina
Helmseat.com not in business for years. I copied his seat with materials from West Marine and Zarcor. If you are interested, I can give you the list and send pictures. Absolutely love it.
Neil
Neil

I talked with the owner of helmseat.com and was sad to hear he no longer makes them. I thought about Zarcor and would love to see some pics of your helmseat and a list of materials used to make it.

I look forward to your reply.

Randy