Westerbeke Engine Mount Bracket

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
I am looking for the left front engine mount bracket (part #44130) for a Weserbeke 30B. So far I can only find it for about $260 through Westerbeke or and authorized distributor. Does anyone know of a cheaper source.
https://westerbeke.com/Product/MOUNT/044130
Thanks,
Reid
2002 Beneteau 331

This is a Westerbeke manufactured part. They don't exist elsewhere except for used / eBay..

Jan 5, 2017
Beneteau First 38 Lyall Harbour Saturna Island
Looks really simple to fab. up. I'd bet you have a shop locally that could make one for you or weld/ repair the old one at a reasonable price.
( down side of being retired is not having access to the machine shop )

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
That part is easily fabricated with some relatively simple shop tools. If you had a measured drawing it could be done. I will warn you though that a professional FAB shop, by the hour, would def charge $300 for that part. The trick is to find a 'friend'.
There is a good number of retired and very talented metal fabricators who have some basic home shop equipment, even some who have a nice water jet or CNC plasma cutter. A press brake for the bends is needed but a lot of people fabricate their own tools from heavy bar stock and harbor freight bottle jack. If I had the tools I could probably make two of those for you in about an hour. I'd ask you for $100 and a case of good beer... plus you'd have to do shop sweep duty and provide good company while I work. You can find these type of friends if you are on other forums like Practical Machinist. You'd be surprised by the number of really talented people who have a garage full of heavy equipment and love a good challenge.

Mar 20, 2016
Beneteau 351 WYC Whitby
It must be a common failure , I welded one up for a club member but added a gusset making it stronger and painted it. N/C

May 20, 2010
Beneteau 33 Lake Texoma
Thanks for all the responses. I do know one guy who may be able to fab it, I will give that a shot. I am glad to know that someone else had the same failure, I was hoping it was not unique to my engine. I didn't even notice excess vibration, I just found it the other day when I was putting a space heater by the engine.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
Not sure how bad the break is, but it could be easier to weld repair the original mount... That I can do with my tools on hand for the meager cost of a 6-pack.

May 20, 2010
Beneteau 33 Lake Texoma
Thanks for the offer, I would gladly buy the six pack but that would be a long drive to deliver in San Diego.