West Coast Catalina Rendezvous

Apr 3, 2017
Catalina 30 West Vancouver
Hello fellow sailors!

After a rainy start to the year, the summer sailing season is arriving soon. This year's rendezvous is coming up on July 14-16 at the beautiful Telegraph Harbour Marina. For those that haven't met us, we are Rob and Sheri Johnson and we sail a 1981 Catalina 30. This is our first try at organizing the rendezvous so of course we have grandiose ideas and plan on making it the best one yet! I need your help in spreading the word. If you see a Catalina in your marina then please speak to the owner and pass along our email so we can add them to the list.

I have attached a little blurb with all the details. Please give me input as to what else you would like to see!

Volunteers would be appreciated:

I don't have anyone lined up for workshops. If you have any special expertise in anything you could share, let me know. I know a guy named Bill that could tell us a million things about our boats - going up the mast alone, what to replace the sheaves at the top of the mast with, how to build an outboard hoist, or how to build your own arch for a radar or solar panels. I'm hoping Bill will be able to share during our workshop time.

The dinghy race could use an impartial referee and possibly a cheerleader or two.

The dinner - we will need some help setting up the tables, and a BBQ executive chef or two, and someone to work out how we will dole out all the door prizes we all remembered to bring.

Telegraph just contacted me and they are ready to start taking reservations.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Cheers,
Rob and Sheri Johnson
Catalina 30 Morning Wings

Tentative plan:

Friday:

Meet and registration.

Potluck appies (bring your favourite appy to share).

Still looking for Catalina Yachts to sponsor a new boat giveaway or our local Catalina rep to maybe sponsor wine refreshments.

Saturday:

Potluck breakfast – Do we want to do a breakfast this year? Let us know!

Workshops – T.B.A.

Boat showcase – show off something that is original to your Catalina

Pirate dinghy races – Dress like a pirate. Row like hell. Cheerleaders wanted for this event.

Celebrate BC happy hour(s): Bring a bottle of a BC brew (650mL bottle) or a bottle of BC wine for a special tasting. We will have tasting glasses and find your favourite. Let’s try to have all different bottles.

Dinner: Bring your own hunk of beef. BBQ in the pavilion. Bring a salad or share item.Raffle draw for fabulous prizes (Do you know any businesses that might want to donate swag? In the past we have had each boat bring a prize to donate so that we have a door prize for each boat.)

Sunday: Goodbyes

Sign-up procedure:

1. Call Telegraph Harbour Marina at 1-800-246-6011 to reserve your spot. Make sure you tell them you are part of the rendezvous.
2. Email Rob Johnson at Sailorguyrob@gmail.com with your name, boat name, boat size and approximate number of people in your party.
Cost: $25 per boat for the rendezvous. This covers the pavilion rental, BBQ rental, prizes and incidentals. Note that this is not for moorage. You must contact the marina yourself to reserve and pay for your moorage. The marina will begin taking reservations in May.

For more information or to get onto the rendezvous list, contact:

Rob and Sheri Johnson sailorguyrob@gmail.com