were to place a heater in a B 40 ocean

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolo

Jan 5, 2013
Bavaria 40 ocean Stenungsund
Hi,
We bought a Bavaria 40 Ocean last summer (2012). We will install a diesel heater in the boat, we had wanted to mount it in the engine compartment but then the exhaust hose is too long.
You who have a bavaria with center cockpit and have a heater in the boat, where have you placed it?

//Joachim

njsail

Feb 18, 2010
Bavaria Ocean 40 CC Forked River
Congratulations on your new boat Joachim. We also have a Bavaria 40 Ocean. There were only 40 produced. There are also many sister ships of similar design Ocean 38 and 42. We have 2 reverse cycle A/C-heating units but they are only good when the water still has some warmth in it. I doubt in Sweden that solution will work to extend your season very long.

I know of one Ocean 40 in Tasmania that was in the process of doing what you are looking to do. He was installing a Webasto AirTop3900. If I remember the recommendation from the techs was to mount the unit in the transom area on the port inboard wall of the lazarette facing the rudder post. Then install vents in the aft cabin, salon and fwd cabin. Routing the ducting along the port side under the sink and fridge unit and port seating to the V berth. I'm not sure if he's on this forum but you can contact him on the Bavaria Yacht help forum @ http://www.bavariayacht.info/forum/index.php/board,3.0.html

I'd be very interested to learn about your heating project. Good luck.

Jolo

Jan 5, 2013
Bavaria 40 ocean Stenungsund
Hello,
Thanks for the information, I went onto the internet link you sent, there were plenty of good information.
I will go down to the boat this week, then I will measure and see where I can find a good place in the stern to mount it.
I will try to take some pictures during the process of installation.

//Joachim

njsail

Feb 18, 2010
Bavaria Ocean 40 CC Forked River
Hi Joachim - Have you made any progress on your heater install? I know sometimes life gets in the way and projects get put aside. I have several.

Status
Not open for further replies.