Were the kids ever in danger?

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
What, you don't drink bourbon?!?!
I quit drinking before I was 10 (Boat launch parties of family friends with beer kegs, styrofoam cups, and no supervision). I just spent half the evening peeing behind the boat shop after two cups of awful tasting bush beer, just to impress my fellow boat kids. Then I started again when I was about 48 - 49 (Just to keep my wife company while she had a glass of wine). I never liked hard alcohol, and when I discovered dark microbrew beers, I also discovered I have a pretty hard and fast limit of 8 oz. per day or I can't function. Oddly enough, I find the best tasting beers are the ones with the higher ABV. We make wine and I've made a couple of batches of pretty good dark ales, but I don't really drink much. I'm more of a chocolate milk kind of guy. I go crazy over malts, but NE isn't really malt country. It has always been one of my great frustrations in my dreams of becoming a pirate that I don't like rum. However, a good porter is awesome.
I certainly don't mind if you enjoy a bourbon. My liquor cabinet is actually very well stocked. Please feel free to visit. I'll pour you a double.

-Will (dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
BTW @SFS,
My aunt lives in Tampa. She is a big Rowdies fan and knows most of the players. Rodney Marsh, the first team captain, still visits her on birthdays and holidays. She is turning 90 this year.
I get down that way once in a while. Maybe we will get to have a drink together.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Yes:oops:, sorry.
But I stand by my words:p
However, let me correct my spelling, 'Busch' by Anheuser-Busch.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
Back to the Orcas and why they presumably don't attack humans. Orcas, like many cetaceans have highly advanced senses that humans do not have. It is highly likely that they can recognize what is prey and what is not by these senses. There are some great non fiction books that delve into just this aspect of their abilities and also why keeping them in little swimming pools for amusement is a really bad practice. Here's a link to a great book about assorted animals including Orcas and how they communicate in ways we don't. https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Words...F8&qid=1525491986&sr=1-1&keywords=carl+safina

Last edited: