Well, sold my boat

Aug 24, 2016
Hunter 1981 Hunter 27 Saint Petersburg, Florida
Well, after all the work, I ended up selling my boat. Moving on to a bigger boat, hopefully my last boat. Moving closer to my dream of living on a boat, quitting my job and go cruising. Paying off my debts and downsizing, well except the boat.
Thought I say good bye and thank everyone for their help when I had stupid questions.
I'm actually in a process of buying a boat Freedom 32 and my last questions especially if anybody in Tampa Bay area about surveying.
I'm trying to choose a surveyor for pre purchase and so far either people do not return calls, or retired or the last person quoted me $1,200.00 for a prepurchase survey without hauling out, so that is extra around $300.00. For some reason I thought it would be around half that price from my research. Just wondering if that is a normal price tag? Or just kinda like in remodeling business with contractors, you just throw a high price cause you don't want to do it. Any recommendations on surveyors in Tampa Bay area that are not trying to take aaaaall the money, lol

Nov 1, 2017
Catalina 25 Sea Star Base Galveston, TX
@Kommy000 ,
It's always hard to let your first go. I'm sure she'll find a worthy new owner! As for the Freedom 32, it looks like a really nice boat! I wish you the best in pursuing your dreams!

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
I'm actually in a process of buying a boat Freedom 32 and my last questions especially if anybody in Tampa Bay area about surveying.
I'm trying to choose a surveyor for pre purchase and so far either people do not return calls, or retired or the last person quoted me $1,200.00 for a prepurchase survey without hauling out, so that is extra around $300.00. For some reason I thought it would be around half that price from my research. Just wondering if that is a normal price tag?
Try calling your agent/adjuster at your insurance company. Find out who s/he uses for surveys, and what is typically paid for surveys in St. Pete. Then you'll know!!

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Courtney Ross in Clearwater. My father bought several boats through him. I don't know if he's still in business, I'll try to find out for you. He use to be Ross Marine on Island Estates by Clearwater Beach. My father thought he was a very trustworthy guy. His marina custom fitted a J 44 for the Old Man.

- Will (Dragonfly)

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
Just looked at some pictures. No cockpit winches. Freedom 32 has a self tacking jib?