Weekend Fun!

w4swk

Mar 23, 2015
1991 Catalina 22 Wing Keel 15202 Nocona
Well, we are off to a slow start this summer, but finally back in the water! We got the boat all clean and spiffy then headed up to our favorite lake...Lake Murray in Oklahoma. Our friends Scott and Kris went along for the fun. The weather was a little too hot for an overnight on the boat, but our oldest son Jeremiah graciously offered us a tie up at the end of their dock (slip). One of the local hotels provided the A/C for the night!

All in all, the weekend was fun and we had fair winds with just one small ] cell that moved through causing a little scramble to get the sails down!

We are prepping the boat for a trip to Panama City in a couple of months and can hardly wait!

Ken and Sharlene

Attachments

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Glad to see you having so much fun with the C22 before you make the move up! Give a shout out when you head for Panama City. It's a little unlikely, but not out of the question we might be in the area.

w4swk

Mar 23, 2015
1991 Catalina 22 Wing Keel 15202 Nocona
Glad to see you having so much fun with the C22 before you make the move up! Give a shout out when you head for Panama City. It's a little unlikely, but not out of the question we might be in the area.
Hi Gene
Good to hear from you! We are still looking at boats, but after being out on the 22 this weekend, there were a LOT of comments such as "
"You know, this is actually a good boat"
"Maybe lets just keep it a while before we decide"
"If we just added a this or that, it could be a little more liveable"
"It's like a family member"
My FAVORITE..............."it's PAID for!"

As I said, we are still looking, but the old 22 ain't sold yet!

We will be headed to Panama City in September or October to get our ASA 104 and will probably stay for a month or so. We will be taking the 22 with us to sail some while in the area. We are pretty flexible with our scheduling...sure would be nice to meet up with another forum member. Will keep you posted!

Ken and Sharlene

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Hi Gene
Good to hear from you! We are still looking at boats, but after being out on the 22 this weekend, there were a LOT of comments such as "
"You know, this is actually a good boat"
"Maybe lets just keep it a while before we decide"
"If we just added a this or that, it could be a little more liveable"
"It's like a family member"
My FAVORITE..............."it's PAID for!"
Haha, I love it! You know, paradoxically, a C22 feels BIGGER rather than smaller, the longer you stay aboard ... ;)

Looking at the calendar, the Admiral has no meaningful time off in October, so it is a long shot that we will find ourselves in PC that month. It's an eight hour round trip even in a car. :( I would love to meet you guys!