Wednesday Photo Day, Feb 21, 2018

Tod

Dec 30, 2010
Montgomery 17 trailered
A lazy day at anchor in Sturgeon Cove on the north side of Great LaCloche Island in the North Channel of Lake Huron (here, if you care to look at this fine cruising area the via satellite: https://www.google.com/maps/@46.0505526,-81.9097682,2908m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en )
BuscaSturgeon.jpg
BuscaAnchor.jpg

My pooch, Bill, got in a day of swimming and off-leash hiking over rocky and rugged terrain...
SwimmingBill.jpg

...causing him to be a little sleepy in the afternoon. :)
SleepyBill.jpg

Aug 3, 2005
Currently boatless - Eastern Seaboard
See the dark brown female pit bull in my pic above? That is Ruby. She is the alpha dog. She oversees everything that happens, and if she doesn't like it, she takes action. Ruby considered the surf too rough for this little boy and made him get out.

Aug 3, 2005
Currently boatless - Eastern Seaboard
Yes she is. Everyone who meets her loves her and wants to take her home. She is also pretty tough. When she was young and only 60 pounds, she would wrestle a 110 pound Cani Corso (sp?) and hold her own just fine. She grabs other dogs by the throat to pin them and immobilize them, but has never bitten any dog, or anyone. She is extremely intelligent, tough, and takes control of situations she doesn't like. An amazing dog. The male pit bull is a big dummy (but I love him too) and the pointer is a PIA. We also rescued a mutt who is so happy all the time that she's bothersome sometimes. I love dogs.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
20180202_115941.jpg
Here's the Rougarou, hardly missing Summer at all.
Linda's and my first dog, a rescue chow/samoyed mix, loved to sail. He rode on our hobie 18 and loved the spray. He'd go everywhere with me. Once we visited my father on his Freedom 44 'Windwalker', he tried to curl up on the foredeck hatch and fell through the screen. We all went for a walk to town but, Bear turned and raced back to the boat. That's where he wanted to be. Never not wanted to come along before.

- Will (Dragonfly)

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
Tommy deck 3.jpg

When Tommy (the breeder named him) arrived, I took him right down to the boat for his first nap.

He's been jumping on the boat, ever since. He's always scanning the water. He knows there's some good things,... and some bad things, down there.

When I point my lens, he heads to that spot. Not because I trained him to do that. He thinks I'm looking at something, so he better check things out. That's why you see him in my photos.
New cockpit Tommy (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
What kind of dog is he?
Short leg, rough coat, Jack Russell Terrier. Called an Irish version, I think. There are so many versions of the JRT breed.