Wednesday is photo day!

Aug 3, 2005
Currently boatless - Eastern Seaboard
This is the photo I chose as the cover of my sixth book, my
Book6CoverFB2.jpg
second live aboard book.

My photography company rejects all photos taken of sunsets in Georgia's low country claiming that they don't look real. Believe me, this is exactly how they look. Taken at Brunswick Landing Marina.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Fishing with a Cuban Yoyo on the bluffs across the street from our vacation rental on the island of Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos.
20170105_134023.jpg
That water looks unreal. Like a man made swimming pool.
20170104_123442.jpg

The water and cuban yoyo picture was the background on my cell phone screen until I found a picture of a Mariner 19 that looks exactly like Dragonfly only rigged with sails up. I'll replace that, this Spring, when I can get my own pictures.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Tod

Dec 30, 2010
Montgomery 17 trailered
This is the photo I chose as the cover of my sixth book, my View attachment 147374 second live aboard book.

My photography company rejects all photos taken of sunsets in Georgia's low country claiming that they don't look real. Believe me, this is exactly how they look. Taken at Brunswick Landing Marina.
Wow, Dave, you are becoming quite the prolific author! I sometimes dream of writing a book, but can never seem to settle on a plot.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
SNAGBOAT AT SUNSET.
IMG_1339.JPG
The W.T. Preston was the last sternwheeler to work in Puget Sound and is one of only two snagboats remaining in the contiguous United States. Her crews removed navigational hazards from the bays and harbors of the Sound and from its tributary rivers. The first settlements in the heavily timbered areas of Washington were located along rivers, which served as the region’s highways. On some of these rivers, snags threatened navigation and if not removed grew into larger logjams blocking passage of the boats. Shifting sand bars, particularly in delta areas, also obstructed navigation. In response to these conditions, Congress in 1882 allocated $20,000 for the construction of a snagboat to free the rivers from navigational hazards.
Anacortes, WA

Aug 22, 2017
Hunter 26.5 West Palm Beach
Fishing with a Cuban Yoyo on the bluffs across the street from our vacation rental on the island of Providenciales in the Turks & Caicos.
When I was a kid, we always kept a couple of drop lines in the trunk of the car, just in case we might want to stop off at a bridge to get a line wet somewhere. The first time I saw a Cuban yoyo, I thought that it was just another drop line. Then I figured out that you could cast from one of those things & it was like the invention of the electric light bulb all over again. Those things are cool. I've brought in some surprisingly large fish with them.