Wednesday is photo day!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I built a Pizza Hut in Littleton, New Hampshire many moons ago....roughly 1969 or so...
He wouldn't have been the mayor. Littleton has a board of selectmen. You may be referring to the town manager. Although, in '69? Don't know.

My second date with my wife-to-be was there at Pizza Hut. My brother joined us and made me laugh just as I took a big gulp of Mountain Dew. I sprayed it all over Linda, now my wife.
So, if you have your eye on someone, you now know how too go out and win her. ;)

- Will (Dragonfly)

Tod

Dec 30, 2010
Montgomery 17 trailered
Nice Pics Tod. I sail around those same waters and recognized the pictures immediately... We pass by therensailing between Lake Tashmoo (MV) and Cuttyhunk. Sail out of Cataumet, but venture down that way several times per year. It's gonna be ugly there tomorrow with the Nor'easter!
That was the first and so far only time I've been to that area. I plan to return eventually!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Lazy jacks and a rigid boom Vang.
Boat is Les Troyer's Catalina 36.
We’re having a grand time. Accommodating weather for mid winter. Plenty of room at the marinas. Electricity to keep the boat warm. And boatless waters to sail and explore.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
More boat and sailing pictures, please. We are all starving for sailing material as well as Les' cooking.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Jun 14, 2010
Robertson & Caine 2017 Leopard 40 CT

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor

DaveJ

Apr 2, 2013
Catalina 310 Niagara-on-the-Lake
Hey Ken, I'm in East Tamaki right now, hoping to get into Auckland next weekend. But I'm like a one armed paper hanger right now and probably no chance to meet up, but I may get a ride on a cat with a work associate next Sunday. So, if my wife and I are in Auckland for a couple of hours on a Sunday, what is the best sailing attraction we can see? I'm assuming the museum, but is there a better one?

dj

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
We haven't sailed here, just walked around the waterfront. Unfortunately most of our time I've been sick. I'm better now but headed home Thursday. Not sailing but check out the MOTAT museum (transportation and technology). Lots of huge steam engines. They also have some fantastic beaches.

ToddS

Sep 11, 2017
Beneteau 373 Cape Cod
First I've heard of that. We'll be sailing down that way this season to join the John Alden event at Mystic Seaport. Lake Tashmoo is one of our favorite overnight anchorages on MV. I'd like to know if there is no place to anchor in there.
TomY and Captian Larry... I just saw your questions, and hadn't been back in here to reply for a while. Anyhow... Last summer we did visit Tashmoo, and the anchorage is much more limited from how it was in the past. Depending on your boat, and what you're looking for there is still some anchoring. Once you get past the flats just inside the entrance to Tashmoo, there is still the big area to starboard (west) of the channel... its pretty shallow over there, and tends to attract more daytrippers and can get a little crazy/crowded/loud over there... mostly powerboats... sometimes rafted up, and a little too much "spring break" atmosphere for my taste... but to each his own. For decades I've been anchoring farther south, kind of near the town dock on Lake Street... that area is all closed to anchoring now, and they were patrolling and kicking people out last year at least. I'm sure it's a phenomenal place to anchor over there if you draw around 4 feet, and it's a Tuesday in May or October... but on a Saturday in August it's not my style. I want to hear the crickets, and read a book... if I were looking for a party, I'd go to Oak Bluffs, not Lake Tashmoo.

Mar 8, 2017
Shannon Pilot House 38 Los Angles
It’s good to see you still posting, Dave. I always liked your posts.