Wednesday is photo day!

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
McLoon's Warf, Rockland, Me. Where I spent the Summer of '77 aboard Sunflower. Those 10' tides and seaweed coated ladder made for interesting gymnastics.
20180219_144405.jpg

20180219_142545.jpg
Sunflower, our 56' family live aboard. I don't recognize the marina, but it looks like Tarpon Springs, Fl. judging by the sign on the building in the background.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Will, tell us more about sunflower. it's got a nice look to it
Clark Mills design, sharpie schooner inspired, fiberglass over plywood construction, 56' LOA, 12'+ Width, 5' Draft. A walk-in engine room separated the main cabin from the aft cabin, where my two brothers and I lived. There were no staterooms, the main cabin was all open. main cabin had a head, the aft cabin had a milk jug. The center cockpit was flush deck with bench seat storage boxes. The three mast rig was intended to keep it small, simple and easy to sail single handed.
20180219_143703.jpg

Sunflower in her home birth at Clearwater Marina.
I'll post more pictures when I have more time.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
Brunswick Landing Marina, Brunswick Georgia.
We're ready to move to Georgia. Especially how they are handling this attack on the NRA. Sounds like our kind of people. I've only been thru Atlanta, but it's supposed to be a nice place to retire.

TomY

Alden Forum Moderator
Jun 22, 2004
Alden 38' Challenger yawl Rockport Harbor
There are very few docks in my area. I don't have shore power on this boat, and I don't recall ever needing it.

We do have great sunsets.

Sunset_-2.jpg

Will, did your Dad build the schooner? It must have been wild in those days.

'Cruising', as we know it today (long term living and traveling on a sailboat), was a pretty new idea.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Will, did your Dad build the schooner? It must have been wild in those days.
Clark
20180228_170735.jpg
and crew. That's the Old Man running the drill sander. My mother trying out the helm and the Old Man with his glasses on top of his head and his grandfather, my great grandfarther on his right (left, in the photo, at around 91 y.o.)
20180228_170649.jpg
the guy with the cigar is Don Heiser, the yard manager.
20180228_170540.jpg
the Old Man talking with Clark about the masts for Sunflower
20180228_170503.jpg

Clark built the Old Man's first boat, an optimus pram when he was a kid around 12. They had known each other a long time. Clark also built my pram, mostly.
20180228_171958.jpg
that is me setting all the nails. I had to putty and sand and paint the whole boat. I thought that was about the hardest job that would last forever. I pictured myself an old man who still hadn't finished the job, as I was tapping another nail in. The blond kid is my younger brother.
20180228_172028.jpg
I did finally get it done. I named her Sunflower Seed, but only after we moved aboard Sunflower. I got my pram before Sunflower was built.

- Will (Dragonfly)

Pat

Jun 7, 2004
Oday 272LE Ninnescah Yacht Club, Wichita, Ks.
I built a Pizza Hut in Littleton, New Hampshire many moons ago....roughly 1969 or so...great Mayor at that time...
I took him a set of plans and a box of doughnuts and he introduced me to all the office staff and handed me a building
permit....all in one morning.....a very special place.....you are very fortunate to live in such a beautiful place !!! Patrick

ToddS

Sep 11, 2017
Beneteau 373 Cape Cod
Naushon Island, across Vineyard Sound from Martha's Vineyard. A cottage and a nearby lighthouse...
View attachment 147095
View attachment 147096
Nice Pics Tod. I sail around those same waters and recognized the pictures immediately... We pass by therensailing between Lake Tashmoo (MV) and Cuttyhunk. Sail out of Cataumet, but venture down that way several times per year. It's gonna be ugly there tomorrow with the Nor'easter!