Webasto diesel heater

May 31, 2016
Catalina 310 Harstine Island, WA
Hello,
I'm in the final stages of the design for installing a Webasto EVO 40 in my CAT 310.

I intend to share the ideas I have about the installation but would also like to hear from any other owners who have completed this project and were pleased with the results (or not as may be the case). For starters, I have removed the ARDIC diesel heater that was installed prior to my purchase of the CAT 310.

Thanks in advance

J Hill
Harstine Island
Catalina 310 2001
Selkie
WA
USA

Oct 17, 2011
Catalina 310 USA
Mr. Hill, do you have any pictures showing where this will be installed? I am curious.

Cheers,

May 31, 2016
Catalina 310 Harstine Island, WA
Hello iSailor,

The Webasto diesel heater will be mounted in the stern lazerette on the shelf over the holding tank.
Ducting for heated air will go under stern berth area forward along the port side, with outlets in the head/vanity, salon and V-berth.

Return air will be supplied from the stern berth area and also taken from the lazerette area where Webasto is mounted.

I'll have photos in future when project underway.. Hope this gives you a rough idea of intent.

JH
Harstine Isl
WA State

Feb 16, 2015
Hi jh
I installed a webasto heat last winter is was the best thing i have every done to the boat
We have never had a need to turn it above 1/2
I have two out lets one under the aft berth next to the engine / Nav station thats all ways on
The other in the head under the toilet that I can turn of . Only when I hang wet weather gear above the shower to dry works great
I installed my heater under the aft bed to cut down on the length of ducting
I installed on two angle brackets and heat shield to the hull
There is a secret to getting it started for the first time
You need to get the air out of the fuel line
1 finish installing unit , take a tempery cable from the battery to the fuel pump
Does not matter +- just tap it on the cables the pump well click once and the fuel should move about a inch . Keep taping about 10 time and the fuel should be at the unit with no air
Do not keep the cables attached as it damage the pump
2 after you have the fuel to the unit remove the fuese which resets the unit . Put the fuese back in
And you are ready to go

I learnt this the hard way after it took my 3 days to install mine . After which I asked a installer the secret . The next one I do sould only take one day

Cheers mat