We finally made it to the Dry Tortugas!

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
Congratulations on a nice cruise! Great video & narration. Appears that weather was as good as it gets.

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
Very cool! It was a "warm" 50 degrees up here in the upper Chesapeake. I was also rooting for your VHF, hanging on for dear life on your lifeline.

Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
I was also rooting for your VHF, hanging on for dear life on your lifeline.
Haha, yeah, it may look funny swinging around, but it stays firmly attached. We keep it there almost constantly, on whichever is the windward side.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Great trip you did in a C-22 and you are one great sailor and hoping to go again,
I sailed over night in my H-36 but wished we could have spent more time and snorkeled
more.
Nick

Sep 30, 2013
I sailed over night in my H-36 but wished we could have spent more time.
Same here!! Two more days, at least. One more to study the fort, and one to go fishing. And maybe one more to just relax on the beach and drink rum. ;)

Jan 22, 2008
Hunter 34 Alameda CA
Great video, Gene. Thanks. That was my wife and me in that plane. Well it was 32 years ago. We learned to sail on various vacations to Punta Gorda in the 80's and would spend an extra week visiting the sites around the state. We took the seaplane to Ft. Jefferson one time.

BTW, the only pics I've seen of you is with no shirt. I didn't think you had any until this video. Was it cold?

mm2347

Oct 21, 2008
oday 222 niagara
Gene: Great job on your upgrades to Daydream! I have noticed that you have changed the Solar Panel mounts. Could you give us what you used and why you changed and maybe what you might do to upgrade?

Sep 30, 2013
Gene: Great job on your upgrades to Daydream! I have noticed that you have changed the Solar Panel mounts. Could you give us what you used and why you changed and maybe what you might do to upgrade?
Good eye! The solar mounts are brand new, and I'm extremely happy with them so far. The system has gone through several evolutions, and I truly feel like this is the best of the best. The only thing left to do is replace my old Sunsaver PWM controller with the BlueSolar MPPT controller I recently purchased.

Here is an "out take" which originally going to be included the video I posted, but the video ran over the 15:00 time limit so this segment had to be cut:

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
LOL ... yeah sure, NOW you tell me!! :laugh:

Been carrying that phone around for three years, and never knew that!!
Not to worry, you weren't missing anything. iPhones have never had SD card slots.

Great video. It's clear you had a great time. A trip I'd like to take one day.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
best solar setup I've seen, on my to-do list, (gonna be awhile till we get power back at the slip, Florence took care of all that)...great application! (+ now I know where to hang my VHF!)