We are but a grain of sand...

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
My brother has a PhD in Science Education and he just calls himself a "Teacher", first time I was in a group where everyone referred to him as "Doctor B" I told him I'd call him Dr. when he called me Capt.

Apr 16, 2017
Federation NCC-1701 Riverside
Wow. Didnt know scientists have a level up tree.

Do damage points go up or down as the level increases? If scientists take the "theoretical" path surely the lab combo scores are pathetic.

How does a level 1 chemist compare to a level 4 politcal scientist?

Oct 10, 2011
Tartan 34C Toms River, New Jersey
Wow reading this thread is hurting my brain, what little there is of it. I think I'll just bypass the beer and go straight to some weed.:rolleyes:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I have 2 science degrees and 2 math classes short of a teaching masters for Maths. However, I'm nowhere near any of those scales.
I'm not a scientist and I don't play one on TV"
That, as most of you know by now, doesn't mean I won't give you my "scietific" opinion. Only that it don't mean squat.;)
- Will (Dragonfly)

Apr 16, 2017
I have 2 science degrees and 2 math classes short of a teaching masters for Maths. However, I'm nowhere near any of those scales.
I'm not a scientist and I don't play one on TV"
That, as most of you know by now, doesn't mean I won't give you my "scietific" opinion. Only that it don't mean squat.;)
- Will (Dragonfly)
You have the "Common Sense" perk which doesnt spawn often. Its too bad the perk is used up to buy higher levels.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Tell me when I'm close.
I guess you gave up...

1) I have spent many hours in my personal laboratory at my house.
2) Testing my hypothesis and making adjustment to my Model.
3) I have even gotten a consensus to prove my Model works, and is repeatable!!!
4) I have even done Quality Control of my Input Variables.
5) I have enlisted a 5 Star Scientist to evaluate my results. He approved with amazement.
6) Although my Research is not Patent pending, I will not reveal to SBO members the details.
Perfecting an Oatmeal Cookie recipe!
The 5 Star Scientist [New Orleans 5 star chef] who evaluated, begrudgingly tasted one hot out of the oven, was shocked. On his second cookie, he remarked that I should market this cookie.

Definitely a good bio-fuel, but not sugar free. One other expert said it was the first cookie she had tasted, baked by a man, that didn't have a "burnt bottom".:laugh:

Cooking is a chemical process and evaluations are definitely a consensus result process.
I have varied ingredients in my quest for the perfect cookie.
_____
True story...
I lived in Mexico for several years. I sometimes missed USA foods and decided to make some Oatmeal cookies. My 50yr old maid [excellent cook] was assisting and we were discussing the recipe. Avena=Oatmeal in Spanish. Galleta de Avena = Oatmeal Cookie.
She freaked out and replied... "Baby food Cookies!":laugh:
Then replied "yukkkk!" I told her she had to taste one or be fired!
Using only ingredients I could find in Mexico, I accidentally hit the answer to the perfect Oatmeal Cookie.
Aint Scientific Discovery fun?
2.9 Star Scientist...:p
Jim...

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
If you take politics, religion, and sex off the table everyone is deprived of the most interesting conversation :)
I want to go on the record, as a scientist, that I don't want to take sex on the table off the table.:biggrin:

Oct 1, 2007
Boston Whaler Super Sport Pt. Judith
I want to go on the record, as a scientist, that I don't want to take sex on the table off the table.:biggrin:
Remember how George thought the best possible approach was to be eating his favorite food, which was a huge sandwich, while having sex.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I accidentally hit the answer to the perfect Oatmeal Cookie.
:clap::dancing::thumbup::shhh:
Love it.
My wife and I have gone on a similar journey of scientific discovery, only not with food but with drink. VERY HUSH HUSH... ALL RIGHT! I'll tell you. :sick:Elderberry wine. We grow our own and eventually graduated to elderflower wine. However, dandelion wine is one of my favorites.
Maybe we could work out a trade?
- Will (Dragonfly)

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
elderflower wine. However, dandelion wine
In my adventure into wine making, which I had to stop when I went to Mexico, the best ever wine is...
Banana Wine.
My secret wine won 5 awards before I told them it was Banana.:laugh:
Jim...

PS: No, it doesn't taste like Bananas and neither does Dandelion Wine taste like Dandelions, whew.

Oct 10, 2011
You have the "Common Sense" perk which doesnt spawn often. Its too bad the perk is used up to buy higher levels.
I know this may seem a little off, but in my experience of over 68 years I have found that the majority of the time the highly educated individual is usually lacking in common sense. Now let the comments begin:confused:.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
I know this may seem a little off, but in my experience of over 68 years I have found that the majority of the time the highly educated individual is usually lacking in common sense. Now let the comments begin:confused:.
It has been my observation that too much success leads to stultification. :snooty:
"Glory days- that's all he kept talking aBOUUUT, Glory days":yikes:
And
'Appeal to authority', another logical fallacy.
-Will (Dragonfly)

Apr 16, 2017
I have almost no common sense, so i have some credibility in this matter...

I can solve most problems placed before me, but subconsciously have a brute force algorithm that usually skips over the simple and most practical solution. I solve problems like they are new, common sense folk use memory like legos to build presolved solutions.

Oct 10, 2011
I have almost no common sense, so i have some credibility in this matter...

I can solve most problems placed before me, but subconsciously have a brute force algorithm that usually skips over the simple and most practical solution. I solve problems like they are new, common sense folk use memory like legos to build presolved solutions.
Bobby I believe you are the exception to the rule. CHEERS:poke: