Water Witch bilge sensor

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
The rule switch is a +POS switch. Remove the battery side +POS and splice it to the red +POS wire on the WaterWitch. Connect the other rule switch wire to the brown WaterWitch lead (that one will power your pump). Connect a ground -NEG to the WaterWitch black lead. Make all splices with proper heat-shrink crimps, and preferably in a marine water-tight junction box.

If you scrutinize your Beneteau wiring schematic I believe you will find that there is wiring for a second bilge pump running to the bilge. Hence the extra wires.

Make sure you have the WaterWitch switch rated for the amp draw of your bilge pump (there are two versions).

HanBan

Jan 18, 2018
Beneteau Oceanis 323 Pax River NAS
The rule switch is a +POS switch. Remove the battery side +POS and splice it to the red +POS wire on the WaterWitch. Connect the other rule switch wire to the brown WaterWitch lead (that one will power your pump). Connect a ground -NEG to the WaterWitch black lead. Make all splices with proper heat-shrink crimps, and preferably in a marine water-tight junction box.

If you scrutinize your Beneteau wiring schematic I believe you will find that there is wiring for a second bilge pump running to the bilge. Hence the extra wires.

Make sure you have the WaterWitch switch rated for the amp draw of your bilge pump (there are two versions).
Is POS an acronym? :)

HanBan

Jan 18, 2018
Yikes! No, shortened from “positive”.
hahahaha this is fantastic and goes to show that I still have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to boats.

HanBan

Jan 18, 2018
Oh my! I just asked about this kind of thing in another thread.