Water intrusion oday 322

Jun 24, 2014
Oday 322 Annapolis
Have been getting water accumulation in the space behind the sink in the head under the vanity cabinet. It is usually a brown-rusty color. Has anyone had this?

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I have a small, brownish stain in that area on my O322. Have not seen water there (and it has been really wet in the Chicago area lately).

I suspect a stanchion or other deck fitting was/is the culprit, but have not gotten around to rebedding them yet.

Let me know what you find.

Greg

Jan 27, 2008
ODay 35 Beaufort, NC
Pictures would help.
Not sure on your 322 but on the 35 the lower U-bolt chain plates penetrate the deck in the area of the sink. You might look at rebedding your chain plates (check for crevice corrosion while you're at it). If they used the Navtec U-bolts on the 322 for chain plates they come out pretty easily if you can access the nuts under the deck.

Any deck leaks will pretty much guarantee wet and rotten core in that area that will need attention as well.

Jul 12, 2011
Oday 302 st pete
Similar on my 302. Pretty sure its from a deck penetration, possibly the diesel fill. Not sure if your fills are mirrored like the rest of the stuff between the 302/322.

Dec 28, 2015
O'DAY 322 Bridgeport CT
My 322 leaked in the same area. I found it was the stanchion gate support. The brace was just screwed to the deck not bolted thru and backed up.

Aug 11, 2011
O'day 30 313 Georgetown MD
I am in the midst of fixing my 30 to make it sea worthy. I have multiple areas where brown staining is occuring. Most of them are locations where the teak wood is attached to the exterior. Removal, inspection and re bedding with butyl tape is my plan. Those areas where there is no teak, the leaks are clear water, doesn't mean to say the core isn't affected. As a helpful hint, when re bedding using butyl tape, campfer hole to stop spidering and allow the butyl tape to seal in a cone style shape. Just my two cents.