Warning buzzer

Oct 26, 2018
Catalina 36 mark 1 Wilmington
I have a universal diesel m25, the warning buzzer comes on. The engine is not running hot and the oil level is full.​

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
The alarm for the M25 is only oil pressure AFAIK. Temp alarms came with the XP and later. So you either have very low oil pressure or a bad OP switch.
You could try a new switch or add a oil pressure gauge. My M25 has a manifold back by the heat exchanger that can take other sensors by removing a pipe plug. If not the oil pressure port is above the starter.

Good luck

May 7, 2006
Catalina 28 Mark 1 New Bern
I have a universal diesel m25, the warning buzzer comes on. The engine is not running hot and the oil level is full.​
I had the same problem on my Catalina 28 with the Universal M3-20. It turned out that the Oil pressure sensor was bad. Ordered replacement from Catalina Direct problem solved.

Jul 15, 2018
Catalina 28 King Harbor
Hey,

I have a quick question regarding the replacement oil pressure sensor. I too have a Catalina 28 and need to replace the oil pressure sensor but wanted to know if I need to drain the oil first before doing so, assuming that the oil will drain out from the hole where the sensor mounts into. Actually, the sensor was working fine until I broke the male disconnect off when I was cleaning around the engine but I would still like to replace it.

Anyway, your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Jeff

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I'm not sure I would use the engine until I knew for sure it was only an indication error and not a mechanical problem.

Jul 15, 2018
Catalina 28 King Harbor
Hey Justin,

The engine is in great shape. I am just looking for help on what happens when you remove the sensor body.

Thank you,
Jeff

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
No need to drain the oil. And don’t put thread sealer on when putting the new one in. It can interfere with getting a good ground.

Feb 8, 2014
Columbia 36 Muskegon
The oil pressure switch is well above the oil level in the pan. There might be a tiny dribble when you remove the switch but nothing a paper towel won't handle.