Vinyl stick on fiberglass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 19, 2009
2 26 Lake Champlain
I have to remove vynil name stick on my sailboat et I really don't know how to do it ! Can sommebody could help me with that!

Thank you!:confused:

Sep 25, 2008
CS 30 Toronto
Just peel them off

Use a razor scraper to get them off. You can use a hair dryer to soften them a bit so it won't break so easily. You can find the razor scraper at Home depot or any paint shop.

I have to remove vynil name stick on my sailboat et I really don't know how to do it ! Can sommebody could help me with that!

Thank you!:confused:

Oct 3, 2008
Beneteau 393 Chesapeake Bay
Use a plastic razor scraper, not steel. Will not potentially damage the gel coat. For the glue, there are several adhesive removers on the market. Read the labels for compatibility. First, though, try Goo Gone or one of the other orange-based cleaners. It will not damage you, the boat, or the environment.

Jan 3, 2009
Marine Trader 34 Where Ever I am
The above advise is good. Use a hair dryer or heat gun and be very careful not to overheat. use a PLASTIC scraper to loosen one corner so you can pull with your fingers. Pull the vinyl and heat with your source at the same time until all of the vinyl is off. Use an adhesive remover, we like the citrus type, to remove most of the adhesive. Test a small area before spraying all over. Then use denatured alcohol or paint thinner to remove any left over. Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.