Vetus Waterlock Exhaust ...

Rob G

Dec 12, 2017
Hunter 43 Legend 0000 Marina del Rey
I have a hole in my exhaust riser...rather than have one fabricated at a ridiculous cost, I want to use a Vetus water lock system. I have a 1991 Hunter Legend 43 with a Yanmar 50. Anyone out there used this product? If so...which part number did you use, and how do you like it?

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
I have a hole in my exhaust riser...rather than have one fabricated at a ridiculous cost, I want to use a Vetus water lock system. I have a 1991 Hunter Legend 43 with a Yanmar 50. Anyone out there used this product? If so...which part number did you use, and how do you like it?
I have not tried the Vetus waterlock, but is it supposed to alleviate the need for an exhaust riser? How are you going to get cooling water into the exhaust stream ?

On edit...
I guess you mean one of these units that combine the muffler and gooseneck.
9EA75F90-EE4D-4C17-8390-D55D190962C2.jpeg

Won’t fit in my engine compartment, but interesting idea. Just not sure I would want plastic parts there...can it melt if the impeller fails and no cooling water is injected into the exhaust for some period of time?

Have you considered something like this? I know others have purchased them.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/GM-Stainle...575202?hash=item4d5ab94d62:g:clAAAOSwPCVX2cop

Appears to be about the same price as the Vetus device (and it won’t melt).

Greg

Last edited: