UV Protection

May 21, 2013
Catalina 25 Long Beach
Hello Everyone,

I'm installing frameless polycarbonate ports on my C25. I've read that Poly is susceptible to UV damage in a relatively short time so I've been advised to provide some sort of covers when not sailing. Maybe something like sunbrella. My question is this. Is there not a UV protection film or spray on product available. Maybe the films used by Automotive window tint installers ? Thanks again for your thoughts and opinions.

Bladeswell

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
When you order the lexan make sure it has the uv protection in composition it is available ....Google lexan and educate yourself on the product

May 21, 2013
Catalina 25 Long Beach
Thanks Woodster,

Too late, I already bought the material and its cut to nearly finished size so no taking it back. Just off the phone with the supplier and they informed me that what I bought was UV stabilized but not the one that has the factory spray on UV protection. So it looks like I may need to do this again in about 2 years or so. At least I'm only out $170 for the material. Guess I better do more homework on the next project. Thanks again.

Bladeswell