using search here

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
I haven't figured out how to best use the search here..

For example.. in the ask the macgregor forum, there is a post with "rotating mast" in the title.

I know in the past there have been threads with rotating mast somewhere in the thread.

If I go search forums, then to advanced search on "rotating mast", "find all words", "title author and message" and "all macgreggor forums", I get "sorry no content"

Yet today there is a post in the Mac forum that has "rotating mast" in the title???

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Odd.. Im using an older version of Chrome and windows.. maybe that is why Im having trouble. The pictures show what Im getting.
search1.jpg
search2.jpg

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I used "Search Forums" in the upper LH corner under "Home". You used the Quick Search / Advanced on the opposite side.

kito

Sep 13, 2012
1979 Hunter Cherubini 30 Clemmons
"find all words" is exactly that. I always use "exact phrase"

walt

Jun 1, 2007
It works for me now if I just pick the correct forum (DOH!!).. The "All Macgreggor" was the problem. Maybe this applies more to forums like Catalina which have a bunch of sub forums because they have a much wider range of boats. Anyhow.. problem solved and thanks!

Yep.. "exact phrase" looks to be a better choice for what I was looking for.

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Walt, I can't imagine why "Ask a Mac Owner" worked while "All Mac" did not, if the former is a subset of the former. Can someone (Phil? Mods?) give me an idea whether that really made the difference, and if so, how that is?

If I recall something from a Hunter thread, but don't remember which subforum, I expect my search of "All Hunter" to do exactly that, search ALL of the Hunter threads. Otherwise, what's the point?