Upcoming commissioning projects?

Jun 25, 2004
Corsair F24 Mk1 003 San Francisco Bay, CA
My list for the second season with our folding 1992 Farrier Trimaran:

Replace the damaged core under the mast step - Done
Re-design existing mast raising system to it make safer and easier - Done.
Replace all 25 year old sheeves in the mast and replace 25 year old deck organizers - Done

Splash the boat and put her into her slip so we can sail - DONE as of Sunday!!!

Write up steps and checklist for the mast raising/lowering procedure. I have a draft, but it needs work.
Write up steps and checklist for the ramp launch/retrieval procedure, including opening and closing the folding amas.
Test the new crane lifting bridle I ordered last week and write up procedure.
Take pictures of the ways to lash the mast and rigging for trailering.

Install Raymarine e7 plotter and integrate with the Tacktick wireless system and the ST1000+ autopilot
Install more USB charging stations

Put the mainsail on and measure for a mainsail cover that fits right. Get a new mainsail
Assemble the Harken Reflex furler for the Code Zero
Decide whether to put the asymm on the Selden GX furler or not
Put eyes in the new halyard lines and install them.

Put cushions and all the other stuff back in the boat.
Clean out the "spare parts" tackle box that is full of crap we don't need Remove at least 3 pounds of junk from there.

Check if I need additional insurance before I participate in any beer can racing

Wishlist items:
Get a modern, spade-style anchor as a backup to my Fortress Fx-16. Modern designs are lighter weight for the same holding power.
Replace a ball joint on the tow vehicle - but it'll probably go another 5,000 miles before it gets bad.
Load test the battery in the tow vehicle.
Switch main and Code Zero halyards to 2:1 to reduce compression on the mast and reduce the tendency of the halyards to slip in the rope clutches.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
  • Sail every month at least once, all winter.
  • Connect the dock hose when they turn the water on.
  • Take the dry suit home.
So no special list, since I keep after it. But there is always a list!

dLj

Mar 23, 2017
Belliure 41 Sailing back to the Chesapeake
Title of this thread "Upcoming commissioning projects" - Well, I'm hoping that by launch time towards middle or end of May (weather depending) sees me putting the boat in the water for the first time since I bought her (last year). There will be some last minute checks on all thru-hulls but they were done this past summer.

I'm finishing up rebuilding the boom and mast. Mast is mostly ready, I have to finish up mounting the new LED lights on the mast head. Boom needs to have some springs replaced in mechanisms and I have to build a new pin that holds it to the mast. I've rebuilt the stove - installation to take place either later this month or beginning of May. I have two hatches to replace the polymer in - scheduled for end of April, or beginning of May depending upon weather. I'll install all my new cushions in the boat during this same time period. I have to rebuild or replace the compass - TBD. I'll be working on all the exterior wood but that can wait until after launch. Have to build new companion way boards but the ones in it are good enough for launch - they will be replaced shortly after launch in May, unless I can get them done prior to launch. Mast will be stepped at launch, can't wait to see that go up. I need to rewire for the new lights, install battery charger and radio. Then a number of projects will be tackled over this coming summer - new life lines will be high on list. But first, I need to sail and figure out priorities as sailing will dictate. So this boat that has been out of the water for possibly 16 years will sail again... :biggrin:

dj