Unidentifiable wiring

Mar 24, 2012
Hunter 34 531 East Patchogue NY
Can anyone help me identify this wiring on my Hunter 34? The black wire with the double point connector goes to the alternator so I'm assuming it's for a gauge to be plugged into. The one with the fuse holder goes into a harness with many other wires. The one with the blue wire and a single point connector also goes into a harness with other wires. Any help identifying the purpose of these wires would be appreciated. Thank you!
IMG_1344.JPG

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
The one with the fuse holder looks like it's actually a black with a white tracer. There should be wire manuals for your boat here online at SBO. Download the appropriate manual and see if you can sort it out.

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
You need the engine wire diagram not the boat. Blue traditionally is used for adjusting the trim planes on a power boat. Not the likely use here. Was there something like an electrical component close by???? Also check the back of the alternator where the 2 wire plug goes. That is not a "standard" (if there is such a thing on a boat) back of the alternator plug so there might be other connectors there also.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
According to the attached diagram blue is unused. You should have two wires comming out of the plug on the back on the alternator going up to you engine panel one for an idiot lamp. The other to switched power to supply the regulator internal to the alternator. Other than that a red out to batteries (or starter selonoid) and a black ground.

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
I have to agree with Bill, you need the engine diagram. Perhaps if you politely PM'd Kloudie or looked in the hunter 34 folder here online.

Mar 24, 2012
Thanks for the engine wiring diagram. I only had the diagram for the boat. That should help me sort this out!

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
The attached pdf is the engine wiring schematic. Note not the one with the boat sketch on it. Called yanmar wiring.pdf

Mar 24, 2012
The attached pdf is the engine wiring schematic. Note not the one with the boat sketch on it. Called yanmar wiring.pdf
Got it! Didn't realize the PDF was there the first time I saw your message. Thanks again!