Traveler End Stops Hunter 336

Sep 4, 2010
Hunter 336 Maquam Shore, VT
I'm on the hunt for the traveler end stops for our 336. Our traveler is mounted on the steering pedestal. I have inquired at the online store via Hunter Owners and they couldn't recommend an item without measurements and photos. The boat is all wrapped up for the winter. Has anyone purchased the stops?

Last edited:

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego
Hi Rachel

Long time no talk. We have sold our 336 and moved up just a bit. However, I dont remember what year your 336 was. Our traveler and car were mounted on the binnacle just like yours. I just ordered the stops from the manufacturer of the traveler car, which I think was available here or through Google. Glad to see you still have her.

Cheers
Rick

Sep 4, 2010
Hi Joe, Thanks! Yes, this is what ours looks like. I have been informed by my husband that they don't need to be replaced--first mate misunderstanding, or difference of opinion! Your picture of the chartplotter is good to see. We are pondering where to mount a new chartplotter. The current plan is to mount it where your is. Is that working well? Not too much in the way? Trying to get a new chartplotter to talk to instruments from the 90s is the challenge.

Sep 4, 2010
Hi Rick~What a beautiful boat you have moved up to (assuming that's it in the photo)! My husband asked how it compares to the 336? Besides being larger. Our kids don't fit in the v-berth together anymore, but we're still making it work! I think we can truly say Pilgrim's in better shape than when we bought her--not bad for a 24 year old boat!

Rick

Oct 5, 2004
Hunter 420 Passage San Diego
Hi again Rachel. Have been out of town a bit so sorry I didnt get back to you. Dont know how to put this. We absolutely loved our 336. No question. But we upgraded because we thought... and thought... We did a sail about 3 years ago now down to Cabo from San Diego (friends boat 42 feet) and we realized that is what we want to do. Spend some time down there. So with that you need tankage, batteries, room for grandkids, and in the end, our beloved 336 didnt add up. So we bought a 420 Passage, vintage 2004. OMG. But the trade off for all the perks is.... she is kind of a "Fattt Bottomed Girl". Love her but she sails like a "heavy" compared to the 336. But give a breeze.... no problem. Just had to learn about sail trim on her. Hope all is well Rachel... and god bless...

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2014
peregrine 27 Gore Bay
Hi , I used to have a 336 1995 way back in a former life. Moved the location of traveler to the coach house top. Still have the old one if anyone needs it. Not for sale but I will be glad to pass it on.
Looking for a 336 again.