Trailerable Sailboats Under 5,000lbs

Mar 26, 2011
Corsair F-24 MK I Deale, MD
Stiletto 27. Yup, meets the requirements, though it probably is not what you want.
  • 1400 pounds
  • Draft ~ 14 inches
  • Trailerable (telescopes down to 8')
  • Enclosed head. No, but there are two hulls and you can both bunk in one.
Yeah, they're fast.

There are many neat Farrier designs, but not for $15K. More like $35K for an F-27. You are also in a different catagory. And older F-24 is close, but the head is not enclosed, not unless a curtain counts (which it does not, really).

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
What do people think about the Hakes Seaward trailerables? They all seem to have dedicated enclosed heads. Found one for sale for about $12,000 with trailer. 2' draft.
- Will (Dragonfly)
We love our Seaward 25, but it doesn't check all the OP's boxes. Weight is more like 6000-6500 when loaded for a trip. We tow ours with an Expedition without issues. Rare to find a decent one in his price range...usually closer to 20k, give or take. With the wing keel, it is not beachable, but you can anchor in 3-4' of water if you don't mind the extra mosquitoes in that close. The 26rk can go in a little closer with its retractable keel, but you'll pay more than twice the price for one of those. The Seaward 23 might fit the price range and weight, though I think you lose the enclosed head with that model. All are well built boats, and a joy to cruise with. You won't likely be the first in to the anchorage, if that matters to you. If it does, then a corsair tri would be a fun boat to have...but way less space inside.

Apr 26, 2015
S2 26 Mid On Trailer
We love our Seaward 25, With the wing keel, it is not beachable, but you can anchor in 3-4' of water if you don't mind the extra mosquitoes in that close.
Beached at Steamboat Cove.jpg

Might have to disagree with the beachable comment. :) And we don't do mosquitoes either. From left Seaward 25 (wing keel), Catalina 22 (swing keel) , Hunter 27 (wing keel) Catalina 25 (swing keel) Our O'Day 23 (shoal draft/ CB) is to the left of the Seaward. Pictures were taken this past Thursday/Friday (Nov 16/17, 2017, Thanks Walt) for all of you folks freezing your Burros.jpg off.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
That was a few hours before that picnic table capsized. Everyone sitting on the down hill side and someone "hiked out". I personally suffered the loss of 1/2 bottle of wine.

Nov 30, 2016
Coronado 25 Spokane
Coronado 25 I have a door between cabin and head area. I added a 15 foot extension on the toung. 3.9 foot keel .weight under 5000 lbs.

Jul 1, 2010
Catalina 350 Lake Huron
And we don't do mosquitoes either... Pictures were taken this past Thursday/Friday (Nov 16/17, 2017, Thanks Walt) for all of you folks freezing...
Bragger :)

Mine's beached on its trailer in the yard and tarped to keep the snow off :( I'd take a mosquito or 2 right now.

DockH

May 14, 2011
Abbott 22 Lorain, Ohio
You may not sail in shallow water but in any places where you sail and where you tie up or dock can be dictated or limited to shallow draft under 4ft. In some places in FL tide and wind combine to turn 10 ft into 2 ft. And with dockage fees soaring in many places having a "trailerable" may offer the only way to own and sail affordably.

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
I'd like to hear more about the Rhodes 22, rgranger.

-Will (Dragonfly)
What would you like to know? I owned a very nice 1995 model for about 12 years and loved it. Perfect for keeping on a lake and trailering to the coast. Their website has an exhaustive amount of information and there is a very active owner's email group. There was an online survey a number of years ago and this boat placed #1 (of all sailboats) in terms of owner satisfaction and loyalty. It is a semi-custom boat that is still in production in Edenton, NC.

Yankee_Clipper_AP.jpg yankee%20clipper%20nov%202004.jpg

Attachments