Trailer guidance

Oct 8, 2018
Macgregor 26D Lake Anna, VA
Hey folks - I recently purchased an 88 Mac 26D. My first boat and am enjoying getting to know it. The trailer that came with it is pretty much shot (rusted badly) and I'm going to replace it. I have a line on a 22ft Venture trailer. I have a question about the bunks. The trailer I'm considering has bunks that run parallel to the sides of the trailer (lengthwise along the sides of the boat). Will this work for our boats?

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
Due to the way the water ballast tank sits in the boat the bunks on the D and S run across the trailer. I remember seeing a S or D that was on a trailer with parallel bunks and it was damaged, but maybe only because it took on rain water while on the trailer. Maybe add new bunks to the trailer?

Sumner
============================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...
MacGregor 26-S Mods...
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

Oct 8, 2018
Thank you Sumner! That makes much sense! I will replace the bunks to create the standard V alignment.

Oct 8, 2018
Another question on this topic. On my current trailer, the spacing between the rear bunks and the forward bunks is about 86". On the trailer i just purchased, the rear crossmember and the forward crossmember are 96" apart. If i install the bunks on the new trailer over the crossmembers, is the additional spacing going to be a problem for the hull? (assuming I line up the rear bunks to support the boat in the same place it is currently supported at the rear). The question is, is there any danger to the hull in having the forward bunks 10" further forward than they are today?

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country