Too much lee helm H260

Apr 8, 2013
Hunter 260 Nanaimo
It’s not a Mac .
2000lbs ballast missing
I’ve motored to the dock and even that felt iffy. And water was probably slowly filling with the drain closed

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Let the jib backwind to carry the bow through the wind... when the boom crosses over on it's own,,, release the jib sheet completely and trim on the new tack.

Nov 10, 2017
Hunter Legend 260 Epidavros
Hi Folks. Having just bought mine and not sailed her yet I don't know if I'm qualified to answer. It could occur that with you not knowing your boat at all well and reading problems can happen with the 260 rudders. I don't suppose the rudder has been replaced with something quasi, or shorter than standard.

Last edited:
May 17, 2017
Hunter H260 Prince George
Hi Folks. Having just bought mine and not sailed her yet I don't know if I'm qualified to answer. It could occur that with you not knowing your boat at all well and reading problems can happen with the 260 rudders. I don't suppose the rudder has been replaced with something quasi, or shorter than standard.
Interesting thought. My boat actually came with an extra rudder blade. The guy I bought the boat from said it was a racing rudder? I didn't look that closely at it. I looked in the manual and couldn't find the stock rudder blade dimensions, does anyone know what the dimensions of the 260 rudder blade should be?