tiller extension...

Dec 5, 2011
Catalina Catalina 22 13632 Phenix City
I bought a telescoping Forespar model for mine and love it. It quickly releases from the tiller and stows nicely in in the cockpit locker or I can fold it back and the clip that came with it to parkit on top of the tiller when I don't want to use it but don't want to take it off. With it extended, I can sit all the way forward against the bulkhead up under the bimini in the full shade.

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
Slim, thx for the feedback, ordered one (the Ronstan model, similar to the Forespar), looking forward to it...(they were out of stock locally).

May 23, 2016
Catalina 22 #12502 BSC
got it, installed in 10 min, great sailing Sat & Sun, forward under the bimini all the way, woulda been fried without it....highly recommend either one...

kbgunn

Sep 19, 2017
2005 Hunter 33 Lake Lewisville, TX
Congratulations @rpludwig !

Those with wheel steering don't have to feel left out of the crowd who steer from the coamings:
https://www.westmarine.com/buy/forespar--steering-control-arm--14081368

I haven't tried this arrangement, but was curious if others have...

In my own experience sailing on inland lakes (insert lot's of caveats and assumptions here) if the rudder is centered with the wheel top at 12:00 position, then the wheel moves between 10:00 and 2:00 to hold a straight course as the wind varies with puffs.

Will this type of arrangement be workable from the stern perch seats?

Probably posting in the wrong place since most 22s don't have wheels. Please don't flame....

Last edited: