TILLER CLUTCH OR LOCK?

Apr 13, 2017
Catalina 22 Chile
Hi I'm just new in this forum and as a sailor. I just bought a Catalina 22 to sail it in the South of Chile and would like to get comments about the tiller locker; need to decide whether to go for a tiller locker or tillet clutch. I'd appreciate your comments

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
When I had my 15 footer, I bought the Tiller Clutch. It was a very easy tool to use. Just flip to arm (hold the line) or flip to release. It was secured beneath the tiller. Never in the way. Just flip, nothing to turn. I ran it betweeen 2 cleats on the stern so the control line was removable.
Great tool for a small craft.

Jun 29, 2010
Beneteau First 235 Lake Minnetonka, MN
I have had a Tiller Tamer and will be installing a clutch this year. @Jackdaw has a clutch on BlueJ and it is a wonderful thing. Tiller Tamer is really good at eating through the line..... My experience.

jwing

Jun 5, 2014
ODay Mariner Guntersville
Tiller Clutch is about as close to perfect as I've ever seen. Design and manufacturing are just right for its intended purpose. Easy to install, easy to use, reliable, low maintenance.

Apr 13, 2017
Catalina 22 Chile
That's a really good characterization for each option...clear enough to go for the clutch...thanks a lot for your time and valuable comments