Thru-hull ball valve replacement on 40.5

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Try some Blaster into top of value after taking hoses off with value closed and than open and close and than once they work better brush on some super Lube and open and close them to get lub into the value.
Yes open and close them often and I take my boat out for bottom paint every 3 years and lube all at that time.
Nick

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
For several years I have tried PB Blaster, Marvel Mystery Oil, as well as SuperLube. I have applied it from the bottom shooting it to the top of the ball with the ball partially closed to trap the lube on top. I open and close the valves every time I leave the boat for more than a day- this has been my practice forever.
Nothing I have tried has worked. The only process that has freed up a valve has been to soak it in PB Blaster for 5-6 weeks, and even put in some On-and-Off acid-type cleaner. The On and Off needs to be a very brief application and then rinsed out before it can work on the ball coating. Perhaps this spring I will try to shoot some PB Blaster through a long tube to the top of the valves- I am resisting having to remove all of the hoses on the valves.

Dec 19, 2006
Hunter 36 Punta Gorda
Yes taking those hoses off is a real PITA for sure but the only real way to go for us who leave our boats in and don't take out every winter.