Throttle sticks on Yanmar 27 HP

Jul 6, 2015
Hunter 356 Marblehead
I have a problem with my H356. The Throttle sticks at the engine block. The cables are fine.
When I go back to idle it sticks at a higher RPM. When I disconnect the cables it stays at the higher rpm instead of the throttle bar at the engine bouncing back to lower rpm. I found if I hit the throttle bar at the engine with penetrating oil and work the throttle lever at the engine it will gain back its resiliency and bounce back to a lower idle level. This solves my problem for about a month after I reconnect the cables..

I suspect I need to some how remove the bar at the engine and grease it or some thing?? Is there an internal spring that is supposed to pull the bar back into idle??
Anyone have this problem.

Jun 8, 2004
Catalina 320 Dana Point
Yeah, I called my mechanic first time it happened to me, he advised penetrating oil where the rod enters the injector pump and work it a little followed by some machine oil and then a coat of grease to try and prevent future corrosion at that point.

Jul 26, 2015
Watkins 29 Ft. Lauderdale
Little late getting to thus thread but I've had a similar problem with my 2Gm20F. I found the raw water hose leaking where it goes into the heat exchanger. The drip fell right on the pivot point of the throttle. I took a chance and sprayed it with PB Blaster and worked it back and forth...then followed up with some clean motor oil and finally grease. I've not had a problem for a month now.