Throttle control on binnacle

May 27, 2015
Catalina 309 South River, Edgewater MD
Both a heads up and a question

Has anyone else had the same issue?

Had to have my throttle lever assembly replaced. It apparently had been compromised for a while (lot of play in the lever) before it failed. You can imagine the saftey hazzard of not being able to get into reverse to slow/stop yourself. The cable itself was ok.

Mar 20, 2007
Catalina 355 Kilmarnock, VA
I had the throttle lever on my old C309 become loose, as well (and note this is the same lever on every current model Edson pedestal). I called Edson, and they walked me through the simple fix. Remove the plastic cover in the center of the throttle shaft (the button you push to disengage the shifter). It prys off. There is a bolt (uses an Allen wrench, IIRC). Tighten the bolt, replace the plastic cover, and you're good to go.

Mar 20, 2007
Unless someone else beats me to it, I'll take and post a photo or the single handle throttle/shifter on my C355 later this week. It's the same one.

Mar 20, 2007
Here's the single handle throttle-shifter on my C355, which is the same as that on the C309 (and any other current Edson pedestal). There's a metal button that goes under the plastic cap, not shown, but the bolt needs to be periodically tightened to remove play in the lever.

Attachments

May 27, 2015
Catalina 309 South River, Edgewater MD
Thanks John. In my case I'm talking about a total failure of an internal metal part of the throttle assembly.