The truth hurts...

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Yep, took a one week vacation on the boat this summer and only spent $100. Fifty for a dinner out, $15 for a pump out, and $35 for diesel (the wind was mostly in the wrong direction :wahwah:).

Of course that doesn't count the summer dockage, winter storage, the new jib, upgraded electronics......

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Kinda like sport fishing and telling people how cheap that halibut was.... when I worked on a charter fishing boat I always told people your paying for the experience, the fish is just a bonus.

Apr 26, 2018
Catalina Catalina 30 Bayview
BOAT: Bust out another thousand
Boat: hole in the water into which you pour money
Best 2 days of a boat owner's life: day you buy and the day you sell it.

May 12, 2004
Hunter Cherubini 30 New Port Richey
BOAT: Bust out another thousand
Boat: hole in the water into which you pour money
Best 2 days of a boat owner's life: day you buy and the day you sell it.
Can't argue with the first statement.
Second statement: Could be pouring my money into 18 holes and cursing all day.
Last statement: It will be a sad day for me whenever I have to part with Fraulein II.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
It's still better then parking your RV in a camp ground and looking at the same neighbors everyday!
And better yet, now that that stinky crap is legal to smoke. I'll bet this is going to work out well.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
The truth hurts; My wife came home from her investment club last night to say they bought stock in a Canadian weed company. :pimp:

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Don't tell the border cops that Justin, they'll deny you access. (That's your guys, not ours) (Ours are complicit in the reports of stock outages in the stores....) This is gonna get ugly.

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Sailing is only 'free' if you don't replace your sails. My annual budget for sails would buy a fair amount of gas/diesel.

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
Sailing is only 'free' if you don't replace your sails. My annual budget for sails would buy a fair amount of gas/diesel.
If that were true my sailing would be free. The millions I spend on this free sport comes in the form of club membership, slip fees and travel to and from the club.

Oct 26, 2008
Catalina 320 Barnegat, NJ
You know what really hurts... the more expensive stuff I buy for the boat, the more time I spend on installation (and working to pay for it) and the less time I spend sailing. :confused: