The season begins, sort of!

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
How did the Sharpies hold up? I'm thinking of doing something on my sail, out is completely blank. Maybe a set of Dragonfly wings running out of the frame of the sail. I haven't the time to research dies or paint for dacron sail cloth, but it would be fun to do something.

- Will (Dragonfly)
Do you actually SAIL Will??? 2000 posts and I can’t recall a picture on the water. ;-)

Anyway re the sail, I’ll see if I can find a current pic!

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Do you actually SAIL Will??? 2000 posts and I can’t recall a picture on the water. ;-)
:redface:
You are very observant. It is a sore subject, but recent "lifestyle" changes had my wife and I spending our time on building a homestead, art and house rental business instead of refinishing my centerboard and seeing if Dragonfly even floats.
I am currently building a deck onto the house we just bought next door to use as a vacation rental. (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23291545).
We've scheduled to opening rental date for next week and I just tiled the kitchen/dining room, I still have to grout it. We have two bathrooms to repaint and put up wainscotting. The front stoop needs to be rebuilt.
We've had the house for over a month and the cable company has yet to show up and install the Internet connection.
Then we have a new group of ducklings, heritage breed turkeys, meat chicks, more on the way. There are more than the last time. We have added two beehives, big learning curve there and it takes all Summer to get them to a size that has a chance of surviving the Winters. We are trying to put together a booth for farmers markets and craft fairs, learn the rules around that, get licensed to make and sell cottage fruit wines, produce signage and meet orders for chicken signs and wood burnings. And Linda had decided that raising and selling koi in our pond is a good idea. There has been a pretty decent response, actually. I guess they are hard to find. And we are trying to market or eggs.
Oh yeah, it's Spring so I have 10 Apple and 2 cherry trees waiting to get planted in our new field.
This ALL started about a week after I brought dragonfly home. I had time to build a lift to pick Dragonfly up with, fix her trailer and pull her cb and measure and order a new mainsail. I'll live with her old headsail and spinnaker for a while. Dragonfly still has her old NY bow numbers on her.
So, yeah, it is taking me a while to get on the water. I'm mostly a has been/ wannabe sailor that spends way to much time on SBO. But, anytime you want to post pictures of you sailing BlueJ, I'll be jealous, but grateful too.

Will (the dreamer, Dragonfly)

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
:redface:
You are very observant. It is a sore subject, but recent "lifestyle" changes had my wife and I spending our time on building a homestead, art and house rental business instead of refinishing my centerboard and seeing if Dragonfly even floats.
I am currently building a deck onto the house we just bought next door to use as a vacation rental. (https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23291545).
We've scheduled to opening rental date for next week and I just tiled the kitchen/dining room, I still have to grout it. We have two bathrooms to repaint and put up wainscotting. The front stoop needs to be rebuilt.
We've had the house for over a month and the cable company has yet to show up and install the Internet connection.
Then we have a new group of ducklings, heritage breed turkeys, meat chicks, more on the way. There are more than the last time. We have added two beehives, big learning curve there and it takes all Summer to get them to a size that has a chance of surviving the Winters. We are trying to put together a booth for farmers markets and craft fairs, learn the rules around that, get licensed to make and sell cottage fruit wines, produce signage and meet orders for chicken signs and wood burnings. And Linda had decided that raising and selling koi in our pond is a good idea. There has been a pretty decent response, actually. I guess they are hard to find. And we are trying to market or eggs.
Oh yeah, it's Spring so I have 10 Apple and 2 cherry trees waiting to get planted in our new field.
This ALL started about a week after I brought dragonfly home. I had time to build a lift to pick Dragonfly up with, fix her trailer and pull her cb and measure and order a new mainsail. I'll live with her old headsail and spinnaker for a while. Dragonfly still has her old NY bow numbers on her.
So, yeah, it is taking me a while to get on the water. I'm mostly a has been/ wannabe sailor that spends way to much time on SBO. But, anytime you want to post pictures of you sailing BlueJ, I'll be jealous, but grateful too.

Will (the dreamer, Dragonfly)
Wow! That Explains it. That’s several full-time jobs and ‘hobbies’ right there. We’ll keep the pictures coming till you get on the water.