The Official "What Did You Do To Your Mac Today" Thread!

Aug 14, 2013
MacGregor 26S High Desert
I finally got the new-to-me 26S as clean as possible for this season. Had to take to her to storage today, but couldn't stand to leave her in the condition she was in when I bought her. The pics don't really do justice to how filthy she was inside! Lots of time and elbow grease! I still have a long list of things to do next season, but at least she's cleaner now. Pics tiled in before/after fashion:

Kestle

Jun 12, 2011
MacGregor 25 San Pedro
I finally got the new-to-me 26S as clean as possible for this season. Had to take to her to storage today, but couldn't stand to leave her in the condition she was in when I bought her. The pics don't really do justice to how filthy she was inside! Lots of time and elbow grease! I still have a long list of things to do next season, but at least she's cleaner now. Pics tiled in before/after fashion:
Is that one of those machines you put quarters in, to use the head? :)

Jeff

Mar 30, 2013
Allied Seawind MK II 32' Oologah Lake, Oklahoma
I took mine out and sailed the bejeebers out of it.:D

Tomorrow I load it up and bring it home for about 3 months:cry:

Feb 20, 2011
Island Packet 35 Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
Mine was becalmed 5 miles out on the Sea of Cortez yesterday.

We lived.

Today, she was parked.

Yosi

Apr 22, 2012
Unsure Unsure Florida
Got her Hanukkah gifts: VHF radio, Shakespeare antenna and bracket, Fortress anchor. Happy holidays.

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
had good thoughts about my boat which is on the other side of the planet. Boat is in Arizona, I’m currently in Shanghai China

Buki

Sep 24, 2013
Macgregor 26D Dallas - Lake Ray Hubbard
What a wonderful start! Although I imagine it must be tough to have to put things on hold till next season. How many hours of work did you put in for what we saw in the pics?

Oct 20, 2013
Hobie,Venture hobie 16,V21 Carlye lake
My V21 was stripped inside when I bought her. No electric or cushions, just clean white interior. My plan is to extend the v birth to eliminate the notch and allow a full queen size foam, at least at the head. Also I am installing a stereo, speakers, fuse panel, vhf radio, interior lights, lighted compass and navigation lights. I also built a step to stow the porta potty under when not in use. I also made a simple way to lower and raise the sails from the cookpit using a teak board with guides and cleats. I know this is hard to imagine how this will all fit into such a small boat so I will post pics when the work is done.

Mar 30, 2013
Allied Seawind MK II 32' Oologah Lake, Oklahoma
Loaded it up and brought her home. Just about 3 hours from pulling up to the ramp to ready to drive home. Part of that time included the ride over to the marina, paying my slip rental, visiting with the marina owner and untieing and driving the boat over to the ramp, and of course sharing the requisite beer ration my stalwart unlaunching crew upon completion.

Oh, and here she is on the trailer. The SanJuan is a friends boat we also pulled out today

Jul 1, 2012
MacGregor 26D Kirkland, WA
Walt, its pictures like this that make it hard to enjoy my current ski season.

Nov 21, 2013
Venture Newport 23 Louisville, KY
I bought my new to me an1983 Venture Newport and brought her home and got her all tucked in preparation for the wonderful weather expected!

Aug 14, 2013
MacGregor 26S High Desert
What a wonderful start! Although I imagine it must be tough to have to put things on hold till next season. How many hours of work did you put in for what we saw in the pics?
Hmmm...I would have to guess somewhere around 30 hours or so. That includes cleaning the entire interior, removing and washing the cushion covers, and making small repairs as I went. It's tough to put progress on hold, but I just returned from a week in the mountains on an elk hunt, and our night time temps have been close to the single digits. Time and cold will hold me up until February or so, but that will give me time to really think through how I want to do things in the spring.

Kokani

Oct 19, 2011
Kokani 26D MAZATLAN / Valle de Bravo
The wax works fine, but due to inattentiveness, I went aground twice briefly during low tide yesterday. Bent my locking bolt a little. I'll now leave the keel unlocked when transiting this shallow channel. At the moment, I'm slipped at Safe Marina in Puerto Penasco, Sonora, MX, and thinking of leaving the boat in dry storage here. Viva Mexico!
. Great pictures, i have my 26 1988 Mac in Mazatlan