The Next Thing.....

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Macgregor 26S Hobie TI Ridgway Colorado
So the problem is we don't have any scientific proof.
_____
As to TomY "climate change" and scientists agree...
If that is true, then why do we scientist keep studying it?
Jim...
And you keep posting stuff like this really no backup or references... Please.. show us some links that agree with you!!!!

However, creativity points for using Nicholas Cage to show that global warming is a hoax.

"B) LOR4 Ice Volume compared to Combined Obliquity + Eccentricity parameterization"
I gave the reference where the plot came from. Hopefully you read it as you can probably dig out the detail of your questi

Last edited:
Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
You can see in that graph that CO2 levels go from around 180 PPM to just under 300 PPM and you can see some correlation to temperature.
It appears to be about YOU, Walt.
I am still waiting your answer to my post #78 or that graph means nothing.

How do you measure LOR4 ICE VOLUME ?:rolleyes::doh:

walt

Jun 1, 2007
Hope you dont mind if I chose not respond to opinions. You can see how the discussion will go down hill quickly without references.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
BTW those who follow the "Weather and Forecasting" forum, I have done scientific Hurricane Forecasting since Katrina. I have privately forecasted this year. So far I am batting 950.
Stay tuned for weather changes this year that affect our hobby of sailing.
_____

I am leaving this discussion, since it leads to nothing useful, but was interesting for a while.
The conflict rages. As to why..
No scientific proof.

Take care all...
Jim...

walt

Jun 1, 2007
I think everyone appreciates your weather and sailing post.. I certainly do.

FYI, I think the moderators should probably lock or remove this thread about now.

My appoligies to Nate.. I think you should start a new thread .. maybe leave out the global warming reference as much as possible. I was really impressed that that guy did the R2Ak on a paddle board.

From the original post..

If you have a moment check out this link. https://krugerescapes.com/the-next-...0bpgjh_wvrtozqZ8FCC-lfj67jvz44uhoglrOkcfIDo30

Karl is currently on his way to Tuktoyaktuk, Northwest Territories to begin his adventure, being the first person to SUP the Northwest Passage. Karl is uniquely qualified to undertake this challenge, he is the only person to complete the R2AK on a SUP and fully recognizes the difficulties he is going to face, finding open water among them. While open water is good for Karl and his goal it is not good for the planet. Hopefully his goal of creating awareness of the changes going on in these critical environments will be well documented, and he won't become a meal for a polar bear.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
I believe anyone who say they know anything for certain as to causations in changes is full of it. Correlational studies do not mean anything more than two non or semi related occurrences happened at about the same time, maybe.

And I'm gone.

I might watch the conflagration over my shoulder though.

Jul 27, 2011
Bavaria 38E Alamitos Bay
The scientifically accepted way to “prove” causation is via a true experiment normally involving randomized treatment and control groups. Clearly, that can never happen with this or most other environmental questions, regardless their magnitude of importance. So, we’re left with correlations, speculations, theories, hypotheses, purely inductive conclusions & predictions, and regrettably, politics which even altogether do not add up to proof, as has been noted. So next come the platitudes, err on the side of caution arguments, and indoctrination of what is true or not. A return to the 16th century world of reliance on authority to explain phenomena. Then it was the Church; today it’s fast becoming the government.:yikes:

Last edited:

nat55

Feb 11, 2017
Gulfstar 1979 Gulfstar 37 BELFAST
Hey, keep talking everyone, I think it a valuable discussion.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it"

We won't have all the answers, but in the end everything will probably work out....