Registered users don't see ads

The new AC boat

Discussion in 'Racing' started by Jackdaw, Nov 20, 2017. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. Will Gilmore

Will Gilmore

Joined Oct 19, 2017
    903 posts, 273 likes
    O'Day 19
    US Littleton, NH Littleton, NH
    I hear ya:cool:
    But, I was referring to the class of boat owners. Those who own boats they have (get) to sail, those who just steer because everything else is worked out for them and those who just tell their boats where to go and ride.
    The question will be, which is the higher class and which is low class? :twisted:

- Will (Dragonfly)

2. Jackdaw

Jackdaw

Joined Nov 8, 2010
    7,779 posts, 1,471 likes
    Beneteau First 36.7 & 260
    US Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
    Get to a certain level and everyone on the boat is a pro. Like the AC.

Sad, but true; it is VERY hard to spend the time to be successful in business, and still have enough time to be a truly world class sailor. Pros rule. Even in the relatively low budget J70 class, the top fully Corinthian boat rarely if ever cracks the top ten.

Most top-flight fleets have no limits on pros. Like the TP52. Others have a owner-driver rule, which makes it very interesting. The current Maxi72 World Champion is Bella Mente, owned and driven by Minneapolis-based Hap Fauth. He is also 1/2 of the money behind the current American AC campaign. But I don't think he (or Doug Voss) will be driving.

Ready-made sheets and halyards
Now faster than ever, our calculator tells you what sizes you need.
20% OFF innovative boat clips!
FixClip holds laundry, tools, anything to rails and life lines even in strong winds.
Sunbrella lifesling covers
Any color, fits over existing bag to match your existing canvas.
Winch covers
Any brand, every size, any color!