tell me where the gulf coast campgrounds are that also have a boat ramp please

Jun 11, 2011
Hunter 41 Lewes
Active Captain is a also a good place to turn. It's free to join and it's about sharing information. Give it a look.

Jun 2, 2004
Hunter 23.5 Fort Walton Yacht Club, Florida
Rock Bayou (Fred Gannon State Park)
State park in Alabama near Pirates Cove but do not know the name

Nov 30, 2015
MacGregor 26S Lakehills, Tx
While not really a campground, at the end of the JFK Causeway outside of Corpus Christi, you turn off and drive past Doc's and Snoopy's restaurants. There is a boat ramp and parking for your vehicle available.
There are also facilities available in Aransas Pass, Tx.

Jan 31, 2013
MacGregor Mac26X Trailer sailing for adventure,
Sep 30, 2013
1988 Catalina 22 North Florida
Anclote River Park, just north of Tampa.

Oh, and "B's Marina & Campground", in Yankeetown FL. Just south of Cedar Key.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2015
could launch and beach camp
I know exactly where that is! If memory serves me correctly, that is a low bridge. Jet skid and jon boats will slide under, but Mac's won't. I would be afraid of being stuck in the channel there in a sudden storm. During a low tide, the water is very shallow.
I don't know if I would recommend beach camping on the seaward side of Mustang Island or Padre Island. The continental shelf is long and shallow. You can walk out 1/4 mile and be only chest deep in water. That makes for a lot of rocking and rolling at anchor, even in calm seas.
IMO, the ICW side and Corpus Christi Bay are safer.

If you are retired military, you should be able to utilize the AFRC campground and docks at NAS Corpus Christi.

Jan 31, 2013
MacGregor Mac26X Trailer sailing for adventure,
I know exactly where that is! If memory serves me correctly, that is a low bridge. Jet skid and jon boats will slide under, but Mac's won't. I would be afraid of being stuck in the channel there in a sudden storm. During a low tide, the water is very shallow.
I don't know if I would recommend beach camping on the seaward side of Mustang Island or Padre Island. The continental shelf is long and shallow. You can walk out 1/4 mile and be only chest deep in water. That makes for a lot of rocking and rolling at anchor, even in calm seas.
IMO, the ICW side and Corpus Christi Bay are safer.

If you are retired military, you should be able to utilize the AFRC campground and docks at NAS Corpus Christi.
I've been there also beach camping and catamaran sailing. Ramp is on ocean side of bridge. maybe ramp you r thinking of is one near snoopie's? If it were me I'd put the mac back on the trailer and leave mast up when not sailing...big parking lot.....or there's no power lines between ramp and beach either...I'd park the rv or catamaran on/at/near the beach but not the mac.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2015
maybe ramp you r thinking of is one near snoopie's?
Nah. The bridge over the JFK Causeway has plenty of space.

I see we have some sailing grounds in common! I used to sail my Prindle from Bird Island before it was developed. It's too bad that a ramp wasn't put in there.