Teak wood replacement Catalina 30 1989

PaulV

May 10, 2017
Catalina 30 Grapevine
Looking for the small teak wood that runs on the side of the boat that is just for looks. It looks like it is 10 feet long and around 3/4 inch wide. Any suggestions on supplier?

Oct 9, 2008
Bristol 29.9 Dana Point
Can't remember the name, but if you pull out a galley drawer and look at the bottom or inside, the supplier's name is on it.

Apr 1, 2004
Catalina 34 Herring Bay Chesapeake, MD
Paul,
They are called "eyebrows" check catalinadirect.com.
Many folks remove them and be error replace. YBYC

Steve

Joe

Jun 1, 2004
Catalina 27 Mission Bay, San Diego
Call the factory..... CatalinaYachts.com phone number is at bottom of page, ask for parts dept.

Jul 1, 2004
Catalina 30 Atlanta GA
I have the same boat with the wood side strips above the windows. At the boat show they looked just wonderful, but over time they dry out, split, break at the screw install point and start looking horrible!! Mine were varnished by the previous owner long ago and were tough to refinish. I do not know if they are available or even how they could be shipped, but if you find anything out regarding availability from the factory, please post!
Only options are to remove, fill in the screw holes, compound and wax, paint a strip or fabricate a new one. I do not think that removing would change the look of the boat given that the window design on the Mark II provides a nice linear look. I am opting for removing, filling in screw holes (small), compounding and waxing.

Bob
1988 Mark II

pateco

Aug 12, 2014
Hunter 31 (1983) Pompano Beach FL
I removed and filled the ones on my Hunter. (Actually they were already off and in little pieces down below when I got her) I just filled in the holes on the cabin. The Admiral wishes they were back on. So check with the Boss! ;)