Teak refresh and new vinyl floor- Oday 27

fr500c

May 2, 2017
Oday 27 Lake Union
Bought this Oday 27 a few months ago and have been too busy sailing her in the PNW rain to do any work. Decided to pull off the trim and handrails that looks particularly rough and bring them back to life. Scrubbed with Bar Keeper (oxalic acid) and sanded 60/120 before laying a few coats of Cetol. Happy with how they turned out. For some reason things take way longer than expected and I spent 8 hours getting them back on. Some of the teak plugs are a bit crooked, but it's functional and better than it was :)

Yesterday I was at Home Depot and got a case of Allure gripstrip vinyl flooring for $40 and decided to try it out. Much improved from the carpet. Zero planning before I started to lay it down, so there are some imperfections, but overall happy with how it looks. Time will tell how it holds up.

Next project is to replace that floorboard hatch cover... it's getting a bit soft and saggy. And then the bilge is broken... and then... well.. it never ends :)

Cheers.
Photo Apr 30, 2 06 21 PM.jpg
Photo Apr 30, 3 52 31 PM.jpg
Photo May 01, 6 55 31 PM.png
Photo May 02, 10 19 56 AM.jpg
Photo May 03, 6 27 18 PM.jpg
Photo May 03, 11 50 36 AM.jpg

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
I'm thinking of doing something similar for my floorboards, possibly you can match the hatchboard with a layer of the flooring to make it blend in? (not exactly how that would work, but would be the cleanest option). Good job!