Teak Decking 1967 O'day Javelin

Apr 2, 2017
O'day Javelin Braintree, MA
Does anyone happen to know the dimensions for the teak deck? The boat my wife and I bought do not have any. Thanks for the help.

Oct 30, 2015
Oday Javelin Skaneateles
I have the same problem, same request - hope someone can come up with dimensions or template.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
Never seen a day sailor that small with teak decks. If you are an expert wood worker with your own equipment and some time on your hands you could put them on, otherwise roll on a quart of Kiwi Grip. Trust me, its probably not worth it to go teak.

Jun 2, 2004
Oday Day Sailer Wareham, MA
Floorboards are what he is looking for I suspect. I'm looking for a good picture, O'DAY supplied mahogany with teak option on the older Javelins and Day Sailer I. Pictures below, maybe a Javelin owner could supply dimensions?

Attachments

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2015
Oday Javelin Skaneateles
It isn't really decking - it is the "floor" made of teak that fits over the fiberglass sole - it is a slotted flat surface that sits in the bottom of the cockpit.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
Look at ipe ( aka iron wood)for an option. Hard, stands up to marine environments. Fairly inexpensive used for natural wood decks and boardwalks.