Tame Spring Cruise 2019

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I can’t say enough on how well things wen at Blackline Marine. People were great, workmanship fantastic, and timeline exactly what was projected. Costs under what I thought going in.

I crossed back into the US at 12:20, I emailed Blackline the info needed to process tax refund 10 minutes later, and less than 2hrs after I cleared customs I had a refund back to my CC for the appropriate tax refund. Most companies would keep that float for weeks.

Good company to do business with!!!

Ward H

Nov 7, 2011
Catalina 30 Mk II Barnegat, NJ
Great to hear it went better than planned. Cruise on.

May 20, 2016
Yesterday had a nice slow sail in Swartz Bay waiting for Stu to come down from Maple Bay. Then motored to Roche Harbor in bright Sun no win an no waves.

Cheese Burgers for dinner, great conversation

Now blowing 15-20 will be exciting going to Barlow.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Weather
This is the driver.
9A76E4E4-84DE-44B9-826B-53155AC11B72.png

And here are the local conditions.
84DB5B81-E5CC-4341-9BF9-2945EA879703.png
Rain last night in Everett. Prep underway for afternoon departure.

May 7, 2012
Hunter e33 Maple Bay, BC
I think the "Tame" in your post title may have inadvertently annoyed Aeolus. Never-the-less it certainly is an opportunity to sea trial the new rigging.

May 20, 2016
Stu and I gave up going to Lopez. After 2.5 hrs of crashing against it, having by dinghy break one of the diagonal lines securing and trying to wrestle a new one on - we gave up and headed with it. Now anchored in Wescott Bay. It’s blowing 20+ in our sheltered area. It was blowing a steady 27 with gusts to 35 while out there. I think I strained my wrist trying to get dinghy secured. Motoring over to Stu’s boat in a second and discuss logistics.

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
We returned to Roche, spent the night, I had a bad cold and decided to return home.
Call it the BAIL Cruise: tried for Lopez, turned around, tried to continue I turned around. At least Les is now TAME. Or could that ever be?!? :)

May 20, 2016
@Stu Jackson suggested renaming this the bail out cruise. First I almost bailed because of the fridge, Then we bailed on going to Lopez cause it was horrid conditions. Then we bailed on Wescott Bay for the same reason. Then Stu bail cause his wife gave him a cold and he feels horrid.

We had a nice trip across Haro Straight. And I bailed on Stu whe he went to the dock to clear customs. After Schwartz Bay I had a nice reach most of the way to Annette Inlet.

I’m not going to bail on this trip yet.

Jan 25, 2011
S2 11.0A Anacortes, WA
Les, if your fan puked, you must have an older refer unit. Have you ever vacuumed the fridge condenser? Or blown it out with low pressure air? Easiest to vacuum but dont’t drag it on the fins. Keeps the efficiency factor up. We had a problem at our club with the ice maker. Pulled the lower plate and removed an inch of dust and dirt from the condenser. Cured!

May 20, 2016
The condenser is surprisingly clean. I suspect it’s origional to whenever it was converted from an icebox. It can get the freezer area down to single digits rather quickly. Still probably not as efficient power wise as the new units.

May 20, 2016
It’s strange. Several times while here in Annette my anchor alarm has gone off not for position but gps accuracy. Usually 17 or 32 meters. Happened again this morning, then a position alarm - GPS has transported me to the middle of Salt Spring Island miles away. (Roll over effect?).